Holy Crap... Contact!

notmakingsense
haha- because I'm 37! I'm too old to want to be a mommy!

:p

And Art? Not too big! haha.

Cali: I completely disagree that dating doesn't contribute to the healing process. It really does help to build the diminished confidence that one loses with a rejection scenario. It's not about rushing into finding a husband~ it's about socializing, feeling better about yourself again.

Yep -- dating casually is good for the self-esteem.

If you have a personality that rushes too quickly into serious relationships -- or you have a proven track record of mistakes, then work extra hard at keeping things casual while dating so you can sample a broader range and be true to your self.... not dating won't help you improve in these areas! :rolleyes:

Reading her post I have to laugh because I went through all of this exact same thing. He called, we went out to dinner, we semi-got back together.........lasted a total of two months then it all went to hell again.

My advice - stop prolonging the agony......... he's playing games, wanting sex -whatever the case may be - you're not doing yourself any favors by running back to him.

The thrill of him calling and wanting you back gives you a euphoria - you only remember the good stuff - not reality and what a true ********* he is.

We always wish for the big reconciliation and to live happily ever after...... that's why we go back again and again to our ex's - we keep HOPING they'll change and profess undying love and be perfect.

Rarely happens - best thing is to not go back and prolong the agony....you'll be back at square one when he gets bored and realizes you're still dreamy eyed for him.

• Author

I agree SG:

We had a meeting- but no reconciliation. I still have feelings for him, sure. But I am not going to go back to him. Besides, I want to see what it's like to date someone else.

He wasn't prince charming anyway... he lacked a lot of the qualities I enjoy in a man. Not to mention that the sex was less than mediocre! That is if he ever felt like having any sex.

:eek:

He wasn't prince charming anyway... he lacked a lot of the qualities I enjoy in a man. Not to mention that the sex was less than mediocre! That is if he ever felt like having any sex.

:eek:

He didn't feel like having sex much? :confused:

• Author
He didn't feel like having sex much? :confused:

Nope! Very low libido! He was like that from day one.

It was frustrating!

How are things with your NJ?

You work things out?

D

Nope! Very low libido! He was like that from day one.

It was frustrating!

How are things with your NJ?

You work things out?

D

I don't think I'd be able to truly bond with a low libido guy - like, I wouldn't be able to understand him to begin with, and sex and intimacy go hand in hand for me.

And no, we haven't worked things out. He's emailed me about something unrelated, but we haven't talked or gotten together or anything. I think he's avoiding/still thinking.

• Author
I don't think I'd be able to truly bond with a low libido guy - like, I wouldn't be able to understand him to begin with, and sex and intimacy go hand in hand for me.

And no, we haven't worked things out. He's emailed me about something unrelated, but we haven't talked or gotten together or anything. I think he's avoiding/still thinking.

Yeah, it was frustrating- I never felt like we truly bonded because of it. We were snowed in at a romantic resort for 4 days after dating for less than two months and he only wanted to have sex once. Argh.

Are you upset over your ex? Or just taking things in stride?

Yeah, it was frustrating- I never felt like we truly bonded because of it. We were snowed in at a romantic resort for 4 days after dating for less than two months and he only wanted to have sex once. Argh.

Once! Aaagh - wow. Yeah, I just don't get that at all.

I'm very upset and I'm not taking it in stride. He's not my ex until I know he's not going to try to make this up to me, and that he doesn't want to work on it. I don't know what he wants to do. I mean, people don't break up just because they have a fight, right? It's how they deal with it and what happens afterwards that determines whether the relationship is going to make it. I think we're in limbo right now.

sorry but,, sometimes relationships do end because of fights... why exactly is subject to each and own's relationship. perhaps they are waiting for an excuse or perhaps they're totally afraid of commitment and trying to find a way out,, who know's really but them ,, and perhaps they dont know either.. crazy as it seems. maybe they really don't know why.

gonna have to stop reading this thread; i'm getting a bit hot under the collar!:o

Teacher's Pet

My problem is the opposite...

I need a woman with a high libido. :) I know it seems easy enough, but you'd be surprised!

I'll give my ex that much credit... she was a hornball, and turned me into one.....

If I could create a woman for myself, I'd at least borrow my ex's libido (and leave the lack of charm and personality behind) :) lol

-tp

weird scientist

Teacher's Pet

lol...that too! hehe

-tp

i've been cheated, been mistreated, when will i be loved?

lol...that too! hehe

-tp

i've been cheated, been mistreated, when will i be loved?

LOL! Yeah, it would help to have the woman first. Worry about the libido later! :D