Spiritual Healers, Shawmen, hexs, curses, voodoo.

• Author

I can sense that this thread could cause a huge debate.. Oye......

I'm Catholic. Roman Catholic to boot..

We use incense, candles, chants, music, singing, and other objects in worship, praise, thanksgiving and even in asking.

It is biblical to use these things and it is good. It is told there these symbols were and have been used inappropriately for worship of Gods and even worship of the object/symbol itself.

I was warned that the powers of Good and Evil, (God and Satan) are real and the powers of each can be called upon by us. It is warned that since we are human we can't out defeat Satan by ourselves. He IS stronger then us. Therefore, we seek Gods assistance in all that we do because we can't do anything alone without Him..

The warnings I have been heeded since I was younger about playing with magical things is that these powers are mostly used in inappropriate ways and call upon the powers of darkness and not goodness. (I know not always..)

Selfishness, greed, envy, sloth and such are not of God. I know I am selfish and I can be greedy and such and I know these are not traits in which God is happy with.

I fear that the King of trickery can use my desperation to find healing in my life to lure me into using his power to obtain what I want.

I don't want to let evil get such a hold on me by my own admission of being naive.

As said in a earlier post. Most Hispanics are Catholic and they are strong in their faith. It is a common knowledge. Although, I don't trust that everyone uses their gifts or powers for only good (PURE) purposes..

Unless, someone has convinced me of someones authenticity I refuse to cross the line of walking into some healers realm with total blinders on.

I have chosen to not mess around with any of this stuff. I will seek my consolation in my Church, in Jesus in the Tabernacle and adoration ===when I get off my lazy butt and make myself go.

I wish I could have a quick fix and all would be fine and fall into place.. I know that rarely happens so I must continue to push forward.

Tell me, Persistant, why do you feel that a curse was put on you? I have to know, for I have felt the EXACT same way as yourself, but couldnt figure out if there was a curse or not.

I was baptized Roman Catholic as well, and I read Tarot from time to time. I do believe that people can put spells on others, curses and the like. I dont necessarily think that it is illegal in the spiritual God/Jesus sense, I have chosen to look at it as God/Jesus speaking through the cards, or through certain things.

I know what the bible says. But the bible also held public stonings for all wrong doers and we dont practise that anymore.

I am really curious about you, Persistant.

At any rate, I need to gaze a little more into this post, but I dont think you said why you thought a curse was put on you.

I dont necessarily think that it is illegal in the spiritual God/Jesus sense, I have chosen to look at it as God/Jesus speaking through the cards, or through certain things.
Why would an omnipotent, all powerful God need an object to speak through? If He has something to say to you, I guarentee you, He'll let you know HIMSELF.
I know what the bible says. But the bible also held public stonings for all wrong doers and we dont practise that anymore.
Really? Have you ever thought that that's because we aren't living in that day and age anymore??

It's sad to watch people fall into this stuff knowing what I know...>..:(

Why would an omnipotent, all powerful God need an object to speak through? If He has something to say to you, I guarentee you, He'll let you know HIMSELF.

and maybe that is HIS way of telling me HIMSELF. Maybe HE chose that outlet because it was a way that he could communicate with me, knowing I would receive his word better this way.

Really? Have you ever thought that that's because we aren't living in that day and age anymore??

Precisely. If you think about it, you will find the answer in your very own question. Things change.

It's sad to watch people fall into this stuff knowing what I know...>..:(

And likewise its sad to watch people condemn other people based on their seperate belief systems. How do YOU know that I dont know what YOU know, if not MORE than you KNOW?

Careful there Moose. Dont get too heady.

1. I haven't condemned anyone.

2. Things did change when Christ came.

3. If you do know more than I on the subject, you'd know I'm right.

I wish I could have a quick fix and all would be fine and fall into place.. I know that rarely happens so I must continue to push forward

there is ... it's called prayer. Not that you'll hear what you want to hear as quickly as you'd like, but just sharing that burden with God lessens it, and I daresay helps put into motion the "fix" you need.

I'm also working on the "being lapsed" thing, though you'd figure someone who works at a chancery office would be really disciplined about going to Mass :eek: :eek: :eek:

three by three i here you forms of curses can be removed all you have to do is belive if you are not at your center you will not know when to belive and you know of what i speak meditation is but one factor another is prayr and finally only if not pregnat you fast

• 2 weeks later...
I need to stop myself now before I make a bigger mess out of my life by trying to control outcomes..

This really is at the base of it. The attempt to control the outcome of a million variable things all happening at the same time by taking some kind of action to reassure yourself. After all who really wants to believe that we are tumbling through a forest of a million people and events which we have no control over, that we could be hit by a car tomorrow only by chance and nothing to stop it?

That said I am a fan of the Tarot because it presents ideas that through your own interpretation help you clarify in your own mind what is going on. The reason it always seems "right" is because you fill in the blanks with what is actually happnening in your own life and maybe get some insight through personal reflection. I like it because unlike just reflecting on something that has happened to me in the past where I naturally tend to see myself as the victim of a bad person or bad series of events, the Tarot usually makes some points about selfishness or miscommunication or my own hand in making things happen that way, which ultimately is true. Truer than the "poor me I can't believe the bad luck i'm having" default way of thinking.

• 4 weeks later...
HokeyReligions

It's as real as you make it. It's your mind that directs your life - whether you are making deliberate choices or attributing the things that happen in your life to some superstition like voodoo or god or hexes. It’s all the power of the human mind – not some outside force. If you want to believe that all this stuff is real then it will be real to you.

It’s very real, its of the spirit world. Powers of principalities do have their dominion.

Even a saved Christian; can be attacked by the enemy (Satan).

Job of the bible is proof of satanic attack.

You must stay in constant prayer. It can take years to come out of this on your own.

Best advice…. Have many pray over you. Get anointed with Blessed water or oil.

Seek the council of the Church. Have them meet with you in-group and pray over you. It is real. It is important to have many pray.

There is scripture that goes something like... One prayer can send ___ # of demons to flee.

But two in prayer can send ___# running. (Something like that)

Power in Prayer my friend…

You also have to have many walk through your home and pray over every room, demanding the demons to flee. Your auto mile should be prayed over, your job should be prayed over your finances, everything in you life...You your health everything you can think of.

Demons are real, and have power. But none have more Power than the power than our Lord and Savior; Jesus Christ.

I have a few notes on demons... Don’t mind the large text.

SATAN POSSESSES A PERSON...

THE DEMONIAC MARK OF POSSESSION.

MARK5:1-20... STRENGTH, CRYING, CUTTING HIMSELF, RAVING LUNATIC,

PULLING OFF HIS CLOTHES.

NUDITY...OFTEN GOES ALONG WITH DEMON POSSESSION.

SKITSOPHRENICS.... DUAL PERSONALITY... FIRST WORSHIPING AND THEN, I RENOUNCE THEE.

PHYSIC ABILITY.... I KNOW YOU! YOU’RE JESUS!

A DEMON CONTROLLED HIS VOICE IT SPOKE THROUGH HIM:

MY NAME IS LEGION. {IN THE ROMAN ARMY A LEGION IS 6000)

JESUS TOUCHED HIM...JESUS HEALED HIM

15. HE IS NOW SITTING WITH HIS CLOTHES ON....

WHEN YOU MEET JESUS YOU GET YOUR CLOTHES ON.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SPIRIT FILLED CANNOT BE POSSESSED, YOUR BODY IS THE TEMPLE..

LIGHT AND DARKNESS CANNOT DWELL IN THE SAME HOUSE.

Ephesians 4:30 Don’t grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I TIM. 4-1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

REV9:20...THEY REPENTED NOT

REV.12:7 -12 War in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon.

12. rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them.

Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

REV 12:12 GREAT WRATH ...TRIBULATION

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ADAM AND EVE...SATAN: MURDERER FROM THE BEGINNING.

GEN. 3: 4... Ye shall not surely die:

21 ... the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them

A SIGN THAT THE FIRST ANIMALS KILLED AS A BLOOD ATONEMENT FOR SIN; IS IN THE COATS OF SKINS, GOD MADE FOR THEM TO WEAR.

HEBREWS11:4 4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet

ROM 10:17... Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

WHERE WOULD ABLE AND CAIN HAVE HEARD THE STORY OF BLOOD ATONEMENT FOR SIN?...THEIR PARENTS WOULD HAVE TOLD THEM OF THE GARDEN AND THE SERPENT AND THE LORD MAKING COATS OF SKINS AS ATONEMENT FOR SIN FOR THEM TO WEAR.

BY FAITH...ABEL OFFERED A BLOOD SACRIFICE..

CAIN’S ATTITUDE... HE DIDN’T BELIEVE... IF GOD DOESN’T LIKE MY VEGETABLE OFFERING HE CAN LUMP IT...WELL HE DID.

CAIN…DID NOT BELIEVE, HE WAS IN DENIAL OF THE WORD OF GOD. HE WAS A DEMONIC AND KILLED HIS BROTHER.

JOHN 8:44 ....THE DEVIL WAS A MURDERER FROM THE BEGINNING

IT WAS THIS MALIGNANT SPIRIT IN CAIN FROM SATAN THAT ACTED BY KILLING.

SATAN TODAY...

TODAY THE OCCULT OFFERS COURSES OF DEGREE IN WITCHCRAFT.

RENAMING THE OLD: .....TO MODERNIZE.

DEMONIC POSSESSION ............CHANNELING

FORTUNE TELLING................FUTURIST

CRYSTAL BALLS..................CRYSTAL CHARMS

GOD IS STILL THE SAME. Revelation 1:8

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

DEUT. 18:10 – 12 NO FORTUNE TELLING...NO HOROSCOPES...NO MAGIC OR SLIDE OF HAND...NO CONSULTING WITH THE DEAD

LEV.19:26 NO CLAIRVOYANT OR PHYSICDEMON INFLUENCE GREW WITH

THE CHILDISH, WEE GEE BOARD.

II COR.4 :4 HE (SATAN) CAN OFFER LIGHT, GOOD FEELINGS AND GOOSE PIMPLES OF AWE!

I TIM.4:1 LATER TIMES...{WE ARE IN THEM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THROUGH IT ALL

ROM.8: 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

LEV19:31... I am the LORD your God

ICOR.6:3~KNOW… YE NOT THAT... WE SHALL JUDGE ANGLES?

(fallen ones...demons)

God Bless