Where do I stand with a "friend"?

Hey peeps - new here (just found the forums) but definitely in need of some advice.

Basically, I've been friends with this girl for about 6 months, although it's only the last couple of months we've become better friends. I've made a whole new circle of friends when going clubbing over the first half of this year and she's part of this group. A couple of months back we swapped phone numbers and met for lunch on a weekend. Lunch turned into an afternoon on the beers and so that I didn't have to drive home she said I could stay at hers. We both got fairly drunk and ended up sleeping in her bed (nothing more). Since then, we've spent another couple of weekends in the same way (all innocent though), have seen each other regularly clubbing and we speak most days either on email or the phone.

All of this would be fine, unfortunately, I really, really fancy her and I'm not sure she feels the same way (I haven't had the courage or opportunity to actually tell her this!) I've noticed that when we're out clubbing she'll get drunk and start snogging various friends, although she never does to me :( She is single at the moment and has been for a while. She's also told me that she counts me as one of her best friends from the group. I've only told one other person from the group (who I trust absolutely) about how I feel but he's not been able to provide much advice. I've told some of my other friends (who don't know her) and they've suggested I talk to her about my feelings. I'm just worried that I'll damage what is turning into a really good friendship and I don't want to risk the friendship of other people in the group through my foolish desires.

Any ideas, advice or even just support will help - please ask me if you think I've left anything out...

T

That just depends on whether you are friends with her for friendships sake or whether you are waiting for romance to develop.

If you can't bear to never be friends with her then don't cross the line. If friendship is your way of getting your foot in the door or not that important-just go for it.

You have to ask yourself if your friendship is more important than everything else-or not.