but I agree with Tan, it will calm your nerves :p

Just make sure you brush your teeth after. They won't be hiring an Alcho in a hurry I am sure!

I think he was joking...

I wouldn't recommend a shot or 2 before the interview...

As an employer myself I know that if I smelled ANY alcohol on their breath they would most defiantly not get the job. (no matter how good the resume or interview went)

I don't think I'm any different than any other interviewer..

You can smell Alcohol on someones breath for a hour or 2 after a drink..

• Author

Thanks everyone, I don't think I'll be drinking before the interview though :laugh:

I did however wake up with a nasty cold so I will be a bit doped up on the dayquil :sick: I don't have too good of an outlook on things right now, who wants to hire a stuffy nosed, snot infested employee? I think I'm calling in sick to my current job and just relaxing after the interview.

Thanks everyone, I don't think I'll be drinking before the interview though :laugh:

I did however wake up with a nasty cold so I will be a bit doped up on the dayquil :sick: I don't have too good of an outlook on things right now, who wants to hire a stuffy nosed, snot infested employee? I think I'm calling in sick to my current job and just relaxing after the interview.

She did get her alcohol from the dayquill! You can drink & relax after the interview.

Think about it, if a stuffy snot infested future employee looks like that now. An employer will know it can only get better tomorrow.

• Author

So, I'm back from the interview. I loved the place, I would be so happy if I somehow got the job. Unfortunately I'm very underqualified for the job and don't have too many professional references. I was interviewed by two of the 9 attorneys at the firm, it seemed like a great place to work. I guess it's time to keep looking.

Keep your chin up chicky!

Never know they might take a chance, underqualified can sometimes mean no bad habits from the past.

Depending on your major, it can turn into a real job.

During my college years, I was in retail then switched to an accounting firm.

...underqualified can sometimes mean no bad habits from the past.

I agree. Someone once told me that they would rather recruit (and teach) someone that knew nothing about the job (yet had a good background and potential) than someone who "knew it all." I once worked at a bank and we hired a teller from another bank (seems like a smart hiring move...) She just couldn't stop talking about how it was done at ABC bank, and we at XYZ bank didn't really care. It took half a year to "reprogram" her.

• Author

So......... after my interview on Friday I was told that they would send me an e-mail with some forms to fill out, things to initial, and a spot for references. Monday morning I received the e-mail, filled everything out and e-mailed it back. This means that maybe, just maybe I might get the job??? *fingers crossed*

Congrats!

Now lets make sure your references and background check comes clean.

Normally it is the paper work first before the interview or near the same time.

The paper work is used for legal and formality reasons.

• Author
Congrats!

Now lets make sure your references and background check comes clean.

Normally it is the paper work first before the interview or near the same time.

The paper work is used for legal and formality reasons.

Yeah, before my interview all they had was my non-impressive resume.

My background check will come up squeeky clean, so I'm not worried about that.

What I am worried about is that at 23 I still don't have too much work experiance, and though I don't mind them contacting past employers, what happens if they call a past employer and the manager I worked for 3 years ago is no longer there? And there is nothing anyone can say about me because no one i worked with is with the copany anymore. I used one of my college professors as a reference, since he was current, and i thought his experience with me may be relevant.

Allina you could be in my shoes.

I'm 38 single parent, I hate my job with all that is in me. I've been looking for a different job for over a year. I have a AAS in my field and I can't get past the interviews.

• Author
Allina you could be in my shoes.

I'm 38 single parent, I hate my job with all that is in me. I've been looking for a different job for over a year. I have a AAS in my field and I can't get past the interviews.

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that. I know what it's like to hate your job. Is the market very competative in your field? I've seen many people finish with their bachelor degrees and have difficulty in finding good jobs. That's on of the reasons I would love this position, I'm almost done with my BA and there is room for me here to stay past graduation and on.

Im in a huge metro area. My market is saturated and in order to get past the interview you must have current experience. Which I don't have because of this job I have. I stayed in this position for too long and now I've fallen out of the loop of my acutal field.

I can't really afford to go back to school (which I would love) and I can't just up and quit because I have a child to care for. I'm stuck until someone likes me enough to give me my break...

• Author

I'm in a huge metro area as well, but I figured it was easier in places like this due to larger numbers of companies and more business. I hope someone gives you a chance, so that you can get in to a job/career you love.