Mom Pissing me off

My mom is seriously pissing me off and need some advice. My mom and dad both knows nothing about computers, and the computer I have is one I bought and am paying for with my own money. My computer is located here in my bedroom, mainly this is where all my time is spent so this is like my cubby hole of the house.

Well, my mom is a bowler and a few weeks about her bowling partner - for whatever reason I'll never understand - just had to mention to my mom about some stupid java bowling game on a website.

Well, plain and simple I do not want my mom on my computer when I'm at work. First off I use my computer to do video editing and graphics stuff, because I edit video in large portions it takes hours for it to render and save. Well I always do this when I'm at work, simply because I will not be attending to my computer for several hours.

Secondly, the computer is my enjoyment that I am paying for with my own money. And thirdly the computer is in my room and I think it's very disrespectful for my mom to make her way into my room while I'm at work to use my computer to play games.

Well, I never showed my mom how to use the computer. She actually, yes, she actually called up my brother and had him tell her step by step how to do it. For the past two weeks I, at some point in the day stop by here for lunch or something, and I find her in here in my room on my computer.

I have tried to be ok with the idea of her doing it, but now I don't like it. The first day she did it she somehow figured out how to stop an video animation I was creating from rendering and she actually closed out of the program so I lost all that.

And since then, every day, I come home and all my crap is closed. Stuff is opened up that I have no idea how she even opened it... I even gone as far as hiding opened program but yet she somehow finds them and closes them, though not intentionally.

Well today I came home, here she was on my computer. Again all stuff was closed out. So I said screw it, and I turned on the screen saver that you have to put in a password to get back to desktop. Well... this is interesting.. somehow she found a way around it and what do you know.. when I stopped back by 15 minutes later to drop something on she was right back in my room playing.

I'm sick of it, I do not want her in here in my room when I'm at work. I feel that she should respect my area and my request for her not to be in here, afterall I never once go into their bedroom and hang out in there and play around nor do I play with anything of theirs.

I do get pissy towards her, and mad about it and she walks around mopping like she's all sad and crap and she just doesn't talk to me for a while.

What do I say to her to make her understand? It's sad to say, but it has come down to me having to get a new door opener/lock for my door. Literally, in just 10 minutes I'm gonna go to walmart to get a new door opening for my door that locks so you gotta have a key to get into my room.

On top of that, I'm gonna go looking on the internet and try to locate software I can do that will literally lock my computer down so it can't be used.

It's sad, but she's being disrespect ful. Suggestions?

She doesn't know how to operate a computer! Okay so show her, set her down and show her the work you create and explain the time you invest into it. Walk her step by step through the computer at every step going slow so she will understand and remember. That way she will recognize your files and not disturb them.

If she is only on to play games she shouldn't hurt anything. Than again no one has shown her her how to maneuver through the computer, close files she opens, recognize what she opens, etc. I

if shes doing it just to pry into your business or personal life than you have a problem!

As far as the login on windows, shes just hitting the cancel button to get in. Its either not set up correct or she knows your password.

Be cool with momma!

Five choices....

1. Change your windows password.

2. Explain to your mother the damage and annoyance she is creating for you by getting into your stuff in your computer.

3. Ask her to be more respectful of your property and your privacy.

4. Buy her a computer.

5. Move out of the house.

With the screen saver password thing all you have to do to get around it is restart the computer and use it before the screen saver comes back on. I've never set a password on windows but that might work.

Tell your mom that you have important stuff on your computer and that she is causing problems. Tell her to please ask permission first before using the computer and only to do so while you are home.

Getting a computer of her own is a good idea also.