"The sane one"

blind_otter

fruck on, baby! Since deciding that I wasn't going to get sucked into family drama or BS, my life has been much less stressful. That's not to say that I don't love them, just am keeping a sane distance between me and them.

besides, if I don't put up with crap from people in general, why should family be excepted?

fruck on, baby! Since deciding that I wasn't going to get sucked into family drama or BS, my life has been much less stressful. That's not to say that I don't love them, just am keeping a sane distance between me and them.

besides, if I don't put up with crap from people in general, why should family be excepted?

CUZ THEY ARE YOUR FAMILY!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I don't want to and I never wanted to. I tried to want to, but I just couldn't do it.

as you get older you'll most likely want to...

YOU ARE JUST LIKE OUR MOTHER. And we all know how crazy SHE was.

whom exactly do you think she should be like? mother teresa?

Tink does it get under your skin though? I mean do you have a desire to having a loving R with her to the point where it hurts you to not have it?

Hope this is not jackin' the thread. Is it?

But trying to understand why there is this need to feel so loved and accepted by those that share DNA with you.

To anwser your question , deep down I think it is a irritation question of why ? But no, at this point I've written off all DNA sharers that i do not think are healthy . I have only one biologically related family member on my mothers side left . My wonderfully aunt , but then theres her H , her ex H , her son and his wife all of their pets . ect...

My dads side is another story , i've judged them most quirky , but lovable in an amusing way and not dangerous at all. So I've got my moms sister , her family , then a whole slew of dad's side .

I no longer desire to be part of an unhealthy , damaging family , screw that . Its strange that it all stems from one person on my mothers side . So sad . Amazing what one persons mistakes can do for generations.

[Vent]

So I got this mass email from my older sister and she referred to my other sister as "the sane one" -- which ostensibly makes me "the insane one".

[/vent]

I have a degree in litterature and an ma in history. What you're doing here is known as infering and it is highly frowned upon in both fields.

the only thing your sister says in that comment is that she admires your other sister. She doesn't say anything about you.

Avoid taking it personally.

• Author

I suppose it's the asian part of me that feels this overwhelming duty to the family. Like how I accepted a part in the memorial mass even though I didn't even want to go. I did the 8 hour souther baptist wake and the funeral. I said goodbye. I hate having to do it over and over again in the public eye.

Anyways, on his deathbed my sister (the one who sent the email) promised my Dad that she would take care of me. The ironic part is, this is all a big secret and I'm not supposed to know.

I want to having a loving family I guess. I want to be able to move past how we used to be and be something new. I want that connection. But when I try to get it, it hurts. I can't seem to want to stop hurting myself.

• Author
I have a degree in litterature and an ma in history. What you're doing here is known as infering and it is highly frowned upon in both fields.

Highly frowned upon? Interpreting my own sister's email, inferring from a place where I actually know a lot of her motives?

Avoid taking it personally.

Words of wisdom, but when is this actually possible with someone you are in any kind of relationship with? EVERYTHING is personal with relationships. That's the way it is.

Highly frowned upon? Interpreting my own sister's email, inferring from a place where I actually know a lot of her motives?

Words of wisdom, but when is this actually possible with someone you are in any kind of relationship with? EVERYTHING is personal with relationships. That's the way it is.

I'm sorry but most miscommunication, especially in families, happens because we think we know why others do and say the things they do and say. The fact is, we don't. And then we build walls of misunderstanding where one sentence in a mass e-mail sends us rilling.

I doubt she meant to hurt you just for the fun of it. I doubt that comment had anything to do with you.

Besides, Take the high road. If you sister is not going to snap out of it, you should. Don't read anything into it.

Maybe my responses were a little harsh. You’re right, I don’t know you or your sisters. I am just seeing my sister and my mother rip each other to shreds because of an overaccumulations of mis- ‘interpretations’. A lot of she did this and this means that.

The thing is, they both mean well and are trying their best.

So I guess my comments were more oriented to them then to you.

What can I say, that’s family.

Although, if I were you, I would still try not to read too much into her comment.