Why can't men just be honest?

Funkify to be honest I don't know.

I do know that I have always felt the same as you and then, just this past month, I did the same thing.

I had gone on 3 dates with a guy and I liked him ok the first time. But everytime I saw him he was drinking and when he would call me he was argumentative and rude. I tried a couple of times to tell him that I didn't want to see him anymore but he kept arguing with me so I quit answering his phone calls.

Finally, after calling me three times on Sunday, I sent him a myspace message telling him that I didn't want to date him anymore. Honestly I feel pretty bad about it but I really didn't want to argue with him about why I didn't want to see him. And I knew that he was going to ask me "why" and if I had told him the truth (I like you on paper but when you open your mouth I want to scream) it would have been even ruder than what I did.

So I took the chicken way out and admit it.

Maybe these people don't like confrontation, don't want to be rude and think that not calling is less rude.

Does that make any sense at all?

lighthouse

A guy or a girl who just stops communicating is avoiding conflict.

Yes it is rude.

But a lot people start doing it after encountering a psycho person who goes off on 'em or has a crying meltdown because they are dumped.

It really has nothing to do with you personally. It has to do with the experiences the person who just disappears on you has had in the past.

My guess would be girls are more guilty of doing this then men. If you only went on one date you really shouldnt assume things are going that well. The key to figuring out if things are going well is if you keep getting the dates. So get optomistic and keep dating and I know a guy will call you back and want to see you again.

Well its hard to say why guys/girls do the things they do.

Not sure if you want to do this or not but you could from now on just assume their not going to call. That way your not always disappointed.

Cry me a flash flood, don't generalize men all in one category just cause someone you dated/date sucks. It's your fault, or at least half of it was.