Addicted to weed?

Here's an interesting link: http://www.marijuanalibrary.org/Exposing_index_1095.html

And unlike other "articles" -- or even the 'quotation' on one of the posts here, they back it up with where these research that was done in any of the statements.

Quite interesting.

Did you happen to see who hosts that link.. hahahaha...

Just because pot has a different effect on emotions or the body doesn't make it any better than alcohol..

I have a police officer in my family who works in drug enforcement.. he will tell you that ANY call is a dangerous one..

Chances are pot is not the only drug in a house that they make a call to..

No one here is trying to say that weed is any worse than alcohol. To me, they are on equal levels of being bad for you.

This debate comes up alot and it always seems like that the ones who favor pot get so defensive when comparing the two.

Like I said above, neither one is better then the other.

I'm not defensive, if that was the implication.

In fact, I haven't posted my own feelings about the issue whether in favor or not.

I was posting to show the other side of the "scientific findings" that have been posted about.

Like is it "addictive", etc.

I said the information is interesting and I posted how my friend, who is a police officer, feels about pot because people have posted regarding legal issues.

And the differences of alcohol and weed were already brought up in the thread.

Again, Riddler, just commenting on it.

I am not having an kind of an emotional reaction at all.

But I seem to have struck a nerve...

Did you happen to see who hosts that link.. hahahaha...

Did you look at where their information comes from?

And they post the studies for all to see so if you doubt what they say you can read the research yourself.

I don't subscribe or discount a thought or idea because of the source. If it is science it will have been proven and can be proven over and over with the same results.

And I didn't comment at all on calls being dangerous or not dangerous as far as the police go. Of course they treat every call the same as far as danger or what have you.

But when the call is complete, and they are leaving, he says you can compare the results of the two situations and how there is a vast difference between the two calls.

But when the call is complete, and they are leaving, he says you can compare the results of the two situations and how there is a vast difference between the two calls.

That is just bunk....you are working with flawed logic

I would put to you the result difference would be the difference in the people and NOT in the fact that one group was drunk and one group was stoned.

Since pot is normally not the only drug in a house that would mean that some of the parties involved would also be coked up or on whatever.

So using pot as a reason that the call went so much better is not possible.

I'm not defensive, if that was the implication.

In fact, I haven't posted my own feelings about the issue whether in favor or not.

I was posting to show the other side of the "scientific findings" that have been posted about.

Like is it "addictive", etc.

I said the information is interesting and I posted how my friend, who is a police officer, feels about pot because people have posted regarding legal issues.

And the differences of alcohol and weed were already brought up in the thread.

Again, Riddler, just commenting on it.

I am not having an kind of an emotional reaction at all.

But I seem to have struck a nerve...

I apologize. Let me rephrase that......

Conversations that I have had IRL with weed smokers, they tend to get defensive.

I was by no means referring to you.:)

He says you ask the smokers to turn the music down or whatever and they happily do it with a lot of apologizing and the officers can close the call. He said he's never had to go back to the same house twice - and he doesn't bust anyone for havinga little weed because of what he has seen in his career (19 years).

I would think that getting caught with alcohol is not as bad in the law's eyes as getting caught with drugs in the house.

No wonder those kids were more apologetic.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Actually, It does impair your judgement but It also makes you parnoid enough to actually drive better.

No it doesn't. You only think you drive better because your stones. A drunk driver willt ell you the same thing.

anything that alters your metal state you shouldn't be driving on including some prescription drugs.

Originally Posted by agnf666

Actually, It does impair your judgement but It also makes you parnoid enough to actually drive better.

Tell it to the judge, honey.

That is just bunk....you are working with flawed logic

I would put to you the result difference would be the difference in the people and NOT in the fact that one group was drunk and one group was stoned.

Since pot is normally not the only drug in a house that would mean that some of the parties involved would also be coked up or on whatever.

So using pot as a reason that the call went so much better is not possible.

Call it bunk, whatever.

The difference between a drunk person and a person who is high is VERY different. The reactions are different and perceptions are different.

Having been a sober person, the proverbial designated driver ALWAYS, and dealing with both VERY often, I can tell you handling a drunk person is a lot more difficult (having had wrangle plenty of friends into the car so I could take their butts home!). High and drunk still very difficult. But high, not so difficult.

This was in fact the reason for the conversation with this friend of mine. I was complaining about one particular friend who seems to think everyone is instigating a fight with her when she is drunk.

My own experiences rang true in his words.

I posted what he told me.

He is not here to defend what he said (at least I don't think so...ya never know, right? ;) ).

Having been a sober person, the proverbial designated driver ALWAYS, and dealing with both VERY often, I can tell you handling a drunk person is a lot more difficult (having had wrangle plenty of friends into the car so I could take their butts home!). High and drunk still very difficult. But high, not so difficult.

Well, being a designated driver for a bunch of drunks is one thing. If a cop pulled a car load of pot smokers over...it would be jail time for everyone.

Well, being a designated driver for a bunch of drunks is one thing. If a cop pulled a car load of pot smokers over...it would be jail time for everyone.

Nope. Designated driver doesn't go to jail.

As a sober individual I do not allow open containers nor do I allow weed/paraphanalia in my vehicle. If the person/people I am taking home (or to another party/bar) is high and they drug/sobriety test - I'm clean.

I generally get a big "pat on the back" for it.

No worries.

Nope. Designated driver doesn't go to jail.

Ok, I lived with a stoner for 10 years, I know the risks that are being taken.

Let's say you went to a pot party. You didn't actually smoke a joint. But, you were in the same room as everyone else all night for hours.

Answer me this, would or would you not have a contact buzz during your drive home with all the other pot-smokers??

Isn't quite the same as going to an alcohol party and being a DD for the drunks.

Where I am from, if you are in a car with a bunch of stoners and they have anything on them, whether you are stoned or not, you are all going to jail.

Law wise, there is no such thing as a designated driver for stoners.

the_alchemist,

If you really want to quit smoking weed I have every confidence you can do it.

I Googled "quitting marijuana" and briefly scanned a few of the search results. There are several websites with information on how to quit and I will include one link which is simply the first one from the results page.

http://www.nevdgp.org.au/info/std_misc/MarijuanaQuit.html I did see some ebook sales pages and some forums, but this was free info and could probably be applied to stopping most any bad habit. I think I'll go back and print it out for my personal cigarette stopping crusade.

I also found this number on one sight: Marijuana Anonymous 800-766-6779. I didn't know there was a help group specifically for marijuana and I didn't call the number to see if it even works. It's probably a national number that refers folks to a local chapter.

The power to quit is within you and you are far more strong and powerful than you think you are. Good luck and best wishes in attaining your goals.

Where I am from, if you are in a car with a bunch of stoners and they have anything on them, whether you are stoned or not, you are all going to jail.

Law wise, there is no such thing as a designated driver for stoners.

That is correct for all the states I'm aware of as well.. and the they get the same conviction in court as well

I do think that Island Girl is talking about them being stoned though and not having drugs in their possesion.

If they are just stoned and nobody is carrying any drugs then the DD would not get arrested but it is possible that the passengers would if the police found that they were under the influence of an illegal substance.

But then how would the DD know if anybody really had any drugs on them ??

That is correct for all the states I'm aware of as well.. and the they get the same conviction in court as well

I do think that Island Girl is talking about them being stoned though and not having drugs in their possesion.

If they are just stoned and nobody is carrying any drugs then the DD would not get arrested but it is possible that the passengers would if the police found that they were under the influence of an illegal substance.

But then how would the DD know if anybody really had any drugs on them ??

That is a good question.

Years ago, when I was a professional stoner, three of us were driving around toking on a joint. We had finished it and we threw the roach out the window. Five minutes later we were pulled over for a dead tail light. They could smell it on us and by the looks of our eyes, we were pretty lit up, but we were not arrested because we didn't have any paraphanilia on us, but we were under the influence.

So, if their breath & clothes reaked of pot, then would everyone in the car get a breathalizer test...is there such a thing as that?? How does a police officer determine if a person is stoned during a traffic stop?

At work here a few years back we had an employee that got busted without drugs in his possesion.. 1 year of probation and 6 months of house arrest..

He wore an ankle bracelet and we had to be intouch with his PO in setting up his work schedule so they could time the distance to and from work and set his anklet.

He was on his way down to FL with a bunch of buddies and they got pulled over for speeding..

They refused to let them search the car so they went and got a drug dog..

the dog hit on some pot and coccaine in someones overnight bag in the trunk.

All 4 guys got the same sentence for only one guy having the drug..

True story.. but that was FL.. they are tough on drugs

So, if their breath & clothes reaked of pot, then would everyone in the car get a breathalizer test...is there such a thing as that?? How does a police officer determine if a person is stoned during a traffic stop?

I have never heard of such a thing.

It is the policemans own opinion, but the things they look at are the eyes, the smell in the car and usually the tone of the persons voice.

At work here a few years back we had an employee that got busted without drugs in his possesion.. 1 year of probation and 6 months of house arrest..

He wore an ankle bracelet and we had to be intouch with his PO in setting up his work schedule so they could time the distance to and from work and set his anklet.

He was on his way down to FL with a bunch of buddies and they got pulled over for speeding..

They refused to let them search the car so they went and got a drug dog..

the dog hit on some pot and coccaine in someones overnight bag in the trunk.

All 4 guys got the same sentence for only one guy having the drug..

True story.. but that was FL.. they are tough on drugs

One thing that I learned by watching my friends get in trouble for it and that is: never lie to the police. I have gotten out of so many traffic tickets for being honest and polite.

Come to think of it...my X kept his pipe on him at all times. If not hidden on him, hidden somewhere else in the car. And at the time, we had two small kids.

I spent a year in Narc-anon dealing with the guilt of going along with that.

I still cringe when I think about it.

Come to think of it...my X kept his pipe on him at all times. If not hidden on him, hidden somewhere else in the car. And at the time, we had two small kids.

I spent a year in Narc-anon dealing with the guilt of going along with that.

I still cringe when I think about it.

I had to go to NA once a week for a year for being caught with a small amount of weed and a pipe. These people are in there spilling their guts about how they lost their job and house because of drugs. I was so embarassed. I am glad those days are behind me.

I had to go to NA once a week for a year for being caught with a small amount of weed and a pipe. These people are in there spilling their guts about how they lost their job and house because of drugs. I was so embarassed. I am glad those days are behind me.

Exactly, Riddler! My X used to think he was too smart to get caught. Ha!! Like I said, he is currently serving a 10 yr sentence for dealing.

I remember being so stoned that I drove in the oncomming lane of traffic once.

I even had a worse experience while driving stoned that may or may not have had devestating effects to the health of someone else and I'll never know, because I was too stoned and didnt stop. That's all I'll say about that.

Sounds like hit and run. I hope nobody drives under the influence. It's not fair to the responsible drivers out there.

Sounds like hit and run. I hope nobody drives under the influence. It's not fair to the responsible drivers out there.

True. Let's hope they didn't survive, lest they be burning4revenge.