Emotional-less sex

So you're saying you've been friends with benefits or f*ck buddies for 2 and a half years, and you're wondering if he can do that with you without having any emotions?

I suppose it's possible, but I don't know why either of you would want to do that without emotions for that long. Haven't you wanted a boyfriend who cares about you?

Why don't you ask him what kind of relationship he thinks you have and if he's happy with how things are? Maybe he would like to have a real relationship with you, but isn't sure how you'd feel about that so he's doing nothing to rock the boat.

• Author
So you're saying you've been friends with benefits or f*ck buddies for 2 and a half years, and you're wondering if he can do that with you without having any emotions?

I suppose it's possible, but I don't know why either of you would want to do that without emotions for that long. Haven't you wanted a boyfriend who cares about you?

Why don't you ask him what kind of relationship he thinks you have and if he's happy with how things are? Maybe he would like to have a real relationship with you, but isn't sure how you'd feel about that so he's doing nothing to rock the boat.

I actually brought it up with him about a year ago- whenb I did have really true feelings for him. He told me that I knew what it was when we got started (meaning f*** buddies). I was a little tipsy and replied that he did an awful lot of sweet things in the beginning if it was just that, like holding my hand, wanting me to stay the night, etc. Yes, I've wanted to start dating someone for real, but deep down, I know that him and I would work if we'd not be so stubborn and give it a shot. I know I should move on, but we both kinda fall into these situations where it's so easy to take off each other's clothes and get busy.

I would really rather not have such a long term arrangement for such sex. One night stands without much emotional attachment are about all I can stand. I frankly don't want to relate to people on such a superficial level for that long. I suspect you might grow tired of this ambigous arrangement.