your friend's personality reflects who you are?

is it true that the way your friend(s) act in his personality does it reflect for who you are? for example, you friend is dull, but does it also mean that you are dull or partly dull too? if your friend is very smart, but does that mean that you are also partly smart too?

• Author

your friend is sort of a reflection to you and for who you are and personality. thats how people became friends, but for what i said is this all true?

awww andy man. It can reflect some what of who you are but if that was said to be true than someone is an idiot to some extent. My bestfriend is just as goofy as me yet has so many differences. The goofiness is what ties me and her together. I want different friends that share the same interests as me but she will always be my bestfriend. Not that anyone really cares I just felt like sharing that. Your growing up and your going through insecurity issues like everyone. give me more detail on this friend and is this friend not fun?

your friend is sort of a reflection to you and for who you are and personality. thats how people became friends, but for what i said is this all true?

To an extent. My friends and I pretty much enjoy the same interests and we are somewhat alike. We are also unique in our own ways as well, but for the most part, they have not influenced me all that much.

• Author
awww andy man. It can reflect some what of who you are but if that was said to be true than someone is an idiot to some extent. My bestfriend is just as goofy as me yet has so many differences. The goofiness is what ties me and her together. I want different friends that share the same interests as me but she will always be my bestfriend. Not that anyone really cares I just felt like sharing that. Your growing up and your going through insecurity issues like everyone. give me more detail on this friend and is this friend not fun?

well to be honest he only gain 4 passes of his final grades of year/grade 11 whereas a minimum of 5 passes is enough for a good enough qualification overall. i'm afraid that with his under-qualifications, intellects people i know see him i'm afraid that they would also see me as that aswell. and also because of the way he acts of his personality (for example awkwardness) then people would maybe see me as that too. the overall point is i'm afraid of people seeing me in a way of what kind of person i am, thought of how i would act and intellects based on my friend's actions and personality, whereas what they are thinking is all wrong.

is it true that the way your friend(s) act in his personality does it reflect for who you are?

**I wish**. :laugh:

My best friends are among the most intelligent, witty, non-judgemental, loyal, honest, kind and funny people I have ever had the pleasure to meet or to talk with. :love: :love: :love:

You may have some friends who are very different than you are. You may have some friends who are very much like you. We choose friends for different reasons.

Sometimes we admire traits someone has that you don't possess, and this may attract you to them as a friend.

Sometimes we enjoy the traits we share with another person, and this may attract you to them as a friend.

So people you like may not exactly be like you.

However, one thing is very true -- we tend to pick friends who share some of our basic core values.

For example, if you think being cruel to people is wrong....you probably wouldn't choose a cruel person to be your friend.

If you think getting drunk all the time is stupid, you likely wouldn't choose an alcoholic to be your friend.

Your friends may not be exactly like you, but the way they behave indicates that you accept certain facets of who they are...and in this way you show the world part of who you are.

If one of your best friends was an ax murderer, it wouldn't mean you are also an ax murderer. But it would show that you find his ax-murdering ways, to a certain extent, acceptable enough that you remain his friend.

There, I've rambled enough for the morning! :rolleyes:

I would so no and then yes..... if you do not make your own way and act diferently like say your friend is dull then while you are with him then you be the jokester,or if he is crude then you be nice, if he is stupid the you be the smart one. you must make your impressions each person has its own impression and if you want to make the same impression then be the same as your friend. does this make any sense?:o