Do women test men to see if they have a backbone?

Woggle

I really think some women give men manhood tests.

Define manhood test(s).

The more mature and intelligent women won't bother with these things, because hey have the abiltiy to assess character without playing games

Believable. sure.

Suppose a man accuses a woman of testing him, playing games with his mind. She repeatedly informs him that it is to the contrary. However, the only thing she is of fault for is not being openly communitive, and trusting. Does that make her a mind-playing-deceitful type of woman?

People play games all day long testing eash other some times dating a new person can feel one step away from a game of "truth or dare"

excellent insight KMT...everyone tests in all areas of life. But in a romantic relationship I think the women "test" more than the men do.

But in a romantic relationship I think the women "test" more than the men do.

This is true, unless the man has trust issues or something, then he tests her.......

Either way, I think once in a long term and stable relationship, there's no point of playing games. Unless they're sexual and fun! But, to continually "test" your spouse, or long term partner is crazy.

Women test men, men test women - and the most problematic people to be in a relationship with are the ones who keep testing their partners without even realizing it.

So true. Sometimes the tests are not even initiated by either person. They just present themselves. It's the intentional, continuous, pestering kind of testing that needs to initiate a foot in the ass somewhere.

It's the intentional, continuous, pestering kind of testing that needs to initiate a foot in the ass somewhere.

so true. now this is the kind of statement i can get behind.

yuk yuk.

A test is just a red flag that someone does not possess the intelligence necessary to fulfill my long term expectations in a partner. An intelligent person would be able to determine my character without 'testing' me.

Isn't a 'test' given without informing the testee that a test is occurring? So doesn't it mean that the testor is lying to the testee while the test is ongoing?

Of course it does.

While you're testing me, I'm making my exit plan. :)

Nuff said, that's my 2 cents.

Well sometimes they still need to be tested, especially when you find out the winch is cheating on you.

:)

The winch cheated on me? It pulled someone else's car out of a ditch??!!! That bastard! Hey, just as long as the wench is behaving.

The winch cheated on me? It pulled someone else's car out of a ditch??!!! That bastard! Hey, just as long as the wench is behaving.

maybe you wound her up too tightly - gave her no choice. :p

RecordProducer
Don't quote me, but I think anything you own prior to a marriage is separate property -- you don't need a prenup to keep it that way.

I had to quote you... as much as I know, prenups also refer to the assets YOU WILL create in the future. E.g. if you own a business, you started it BEFORE the marriage, but the revenues may change in the future. You might want to protect them in advance.

You can be a student and own nothing, but a few years later, you may become rich and NOT want it to belong to your spouse, even though it's considered mutual assets.

If you expect to sign a rich contract with a record label, you may exclude your future spouse from your revenues in case they dump you after 3.5 years.

Furthermore, even if you have owned a house prior to your marriage, your spouse will be asked to sign an approval for selling it, even during separation!

However, I don't have any precise information about prenups and I never signed one with my husband. But on the other hand, I could never take anything HE made before he met me or even AFTER we got married... no matter how much the law is on my side. In my book it would the as same as stealing somebody's wallet from his pocket. If I didn't earn it - it's NOT mine.

I would rather steal 10 bucks from 100,000 people (at least they won't notice) than steal one million from someone who has two. (just giving an example). :)

Woggle, to answer your question, some women do want spineless men, some don't. I don't. But there is nothing worse than a man (or woman) who wants everything to be his way and never ever makes any compromises, thinking that it would make him a wimp. Sometimes you have to give in and please your partner. And sometimes you're just wrong...

Brkn_Hrt_Bermuda

Absolutely, without a doubt....at least, I do. And I dont think there is a thing wrong with it.

NO GAME PLAYING!!! Most women are too insecure and the men in the relationship don't want to put up with large, blow-up arguments over the pettiest of things. That's why many men seem to lack a backbone in the relationship. There is no point in entering into an arguement with a woman. You will never come out on a good side and she will remember it forever.

Men. I say if they test you; walk. There should be no tests in a relationship. If you feel you have to test somebody, then you do not know that person. You should spend your time and energy getting to know the person. Find out there likes and dislikes. Delve into what makes them tick. Know their hopes and fears. Don't be afraid to know someone and tear down your veil and let them know you.

as a final test of character, i like to lock a man up for a night, in a dark, windowless room filled with spiders. that's the best way to really know what he's made of.