My brother's baby died

2sunny

She was due to deliver any day...

She had a girl - the umbilical cord was wrapped tightly around her leg, cutting off her blood supply...

How awful! :(

Both that it happened and that the problem wasn't detected in a previous ultrasound.

• Author

We have spent the last two days with her... yesterday was the viewing and today was the burial...

What a sad tragedy. I am so sad for my brother and his wife. We have a big family and very supportive, but nothing can take away this unexpected loss and pain for them.

She was such a beautiful baby! She looked like a porcelain doll, I still can't believe this has happened.

HokeyReligions

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine anything worse. Here are some things that I was given after my first child passed away: I think this goes for everyone in the family - not only the parents.

Suggestions from other grieving parents

• Acknowledge your pain.
  • Reach out to family and friends.
  • Share your thoughts and feelings. It helps the healing process.
  • Create a ritual or remembrance tradition.
  • Take care of yourself. It takes a lot of energy to grieve.
  • Make time for yourself.

Seek out a support group or professional help.

Women & Infants’ Resources

Warm Line: 1-800-711-7011

The Warm Line is staffed by experienced registered nurses who you can talk to and who can refer you to the appropriate professional services.

M.I.S. Group (Miscarriage, Infant Death and Stillborn Group, Inc.)

A non-profit organization for parents who have experienced the loss of a baby through miscarriage, infant death or stillbirth. Begun in 1986, it is a refuge for the bereaved to obtain support and information from facilitators who have themselves gone through the grieving and healing process. You can get contact information for them from the Warm Line number.