Am i addicted!!

ithinkimwrong

ithinkimwrong

Sorry im new to this site that i found. But recently the past couple of months Ive been doing coke maybe once to twice every two weeks. At first i didnt think it was a problem but lately when I get stressed out I want to do it. I also want to do it almost every time I drink which is usually the time that I do it. Ive also done it by myself because Im depressed, the only times I did it before was around other people that did it. What should I do? I think the main problem is me drinking, because thats usually when I want to do it otherwise I have no desire to do it.

Let me ask you this question. Do you think if you were stressed, drinking, depressed etc, that you could walk away from it? Do you feel when you are down and out that you need it? If you feel its something you need or just got to have or can't walk away from, then chances are you are addicted.

I say you might want to get into some counseling or a call drug hotline, and talk with someone. The first thing you need to do is reconzie why you are stressed or depressed and drinking. Find another outlet, a healthier outlet for stress. Maybe someone from counseling or the hotline can better guide you as to what you need to do.

Sorry im new to this site that i found. But recently the past couple of months Ive been doing coke maybe once to twice every two weeks. At first i didnt think it was a problem but lately when I get stressed out I want to do it. I also want to do it almost every time I drink which is usually the time that I do it. Ive also done it by myself because Im depressed, the only times I did it before was around other people that did it. What should I do? I think the main problem is me drinking, because thats usually when I want to do it otherwise I have no desire to do it.

Here ...Stay away from the stuff..If it means staying away from the drinking and the friends that do it. Then stay away. if you think you are having a problem, then you are.

I did alot of coke and other things during my High School Days and College Days even after...I wanted it once in awhile ..then every friday..then every time things got rough..(I maybe excuses) for when i wanted it...Spent money like crazy..Got cash advances from credit cards. Basically worked to buy it and going out. One day i sat down and figured out how much money i spent in a year and all the stuff i missed out on and howlucky i was nothing really bad happen to me. I WOKE UP. I stopped and havent touched the stuff in a long time. There are times i swear i get the urge but i dont act on it. Drugs dont get you anywhere..But deeper at the bottom of the barrel.

As I have always been educated (and this is one of the only things from those stupid DARE programs I have found to be true through my own experiences), there are two kinds of addiction: Mental and Physical. So, straight-forward answer: Yes, you are mentally addicted. From your description, you sound like you crave it, like you feel like you need it. You can stop yourself, though, and I suggest you do just that, before it becomes a physical addiction where you go through withdrawal, and get the shakes if your not blowin' a line.