I think I'm the Village Idiot !

Believe me, my post was a LOT more tame than many of your posts to other people. As a matter of fact, Gawd forbid if this had happened to someone else who posted here and you were giving it to them in your usual inimitable way. I only wish I were as good at it as you.

As far as posting, I clearly stated above that you were quite free to keep posting. Read again. It's not that I'm bored but it's that I am JUST AS FRUSTRATED WITH YOU as YOU have been frustrated with others who do not follow very excellent advice. I am not the only one who has told you to STOP this nonsense and get away from this guy.

I would have given all the gold in the world for great friends like the ones in this forum to have told me to get the heck away when I went through this kind of stuff in the pre-Internet days. And, yes, I didn't pay attention to my in-person friends who clobbered my ears with the same type advice I'm giving you so I do understand where you're coming from.

As far as venting, that's what we're here for. But days ago, I breathed a sigh of relieve and had a glass of champagne (and I don't even drink) to celebrate when you wrote that this was completely over. I hadn't felt that good in so long. Then a day later, it was started back up again. It just seems that for some odd reason you want to keep this drama and pain going on and on or you wouldn't be so defensive.

If you will just bring this to a conclusion, you can post about this every day for a hundred years. It gives me great pain to see you keep dragging through this awful, ungodly mess.

For reasons of personal frustration and exasperation at seeing a friend put herself through monumental pain without regard to all odds being against this as a keeper, I shall refrain from further comment and will not reply to your posts. I think from this point I may be even afraid to read them. Being the empathetic guy I am, I no longer want to feel bad (by my own choice)...reading what you're going through and then feeling bad after reading your posts giving me hell for giving you hell about putting up with this crap.

How you take my posts is totally in your power. That's the problem with the Internet...you can't can't see a person's face, you can't hear their voice and you can't see their heart. But, believe me, there is no other person who feels worse for you than I do.

I only want what's best for you and going through this soap opera jibberish is just not productive for you.

I hope you come out of this OK one day, eventually. I'm outta here.

Before I totally absent myself from this situation, I got an idea that may be of some help to you.

Go back a week or two and re-read your posts. Pretend they were put up by someone other than yourself. Post an answer to each of them, under a fictitous name, and see just how you would advise that person. Erase them after you write if you wish...or go ahead and post them...whatever you feel like you want to do. See if you get frustrated?

Just what would you say to the person who has put up these posts? That may be excellent therapy for you.

I think it's a good suggestion but, again, I don't understand the frame of mind you're in right now. Angry, pissed, rejected on the one hand...and somehow wanting things to work on the other.

But, then again...that's why men are from Mars I guess.

And, come to think of it, the author, Dr. John Gray, says men should just listen to women, not try to solve their problems...just listen. Yeah, that's a great idea.