Why do men cheat 'down'?

Pink Amulet

As raised in another thread... and I seem to hear it often. I know I can identify.

Why do men cheat with less attractive women than their partners?

What is the psychology here men?

My theory:

Is it because it is about the new and exciting attention you recieve irrelevant of who it's from?

Chances are they would recieve more positive attention from a less attractive female than themselves (and partner)?

Ladies, has this happened to you?

What were your thoughts at the time? I know mine were something like this...

"WHAT THE F*CK????!!!" :laugh:

Yep , I looked at the girl and then started laughing.Her name was lacie and she was fat plain and very dye job blonde .She was also ghetto .She actually used the words "bout it, bout it" , anybody know what that means?

My was serious her ewww I can't believe you slept with her!

I think it was because she was easy. Maybe ugly girls are easy.

I was out of town on a trip he went to a friend's wedding she was there open and ready.

Yes, it has. My psycho ex cheated on me several times. The one that sticks out, though, was a girl who approached me at a bar I used to go to. She pulled me aside and sat down to "spill the beans" and tell me seriously that my then-BF was cheating on me with her.

No offense to anyone, but I was incredulous. She was a sow, there's no other way to describe her. She had a short shirt, and no bra. Her breasts were huge, sagging, and not supported by a bra. You could clearly see her nipples pointed -- down. Her belly was huge and bung over the waistband of her pants, a la "muffin top" - like dough rising in a pan, overflowing over her clothes displaying stretch marks.

It wasn't so much her body type but the fact that she wore clothing that seemed 3 or 4 sizes too small.

Her hair was frizzy and unkempt, and dyed red, with brown roots showing. She was drunk and sloppy, which added to her general unattractiveness. Her snaggle teeth were crooked and she had a moon shaped face.

I left the bar feeling nauseous. As far as I can tell, I think men cheat down because they can. Simply put, I knew this female from the social scene and it was well known that she was a "drunk slut" -- someone who would, after a certain point of inebriation, have sex with anyone. There are some men who will stick their dick into anything warm and wet.

• Author

Oh why did I start this depressing thread? :laugh:

BO- You are absolutely hilarious :lmao: I always love reading your contributions.

My ex always had very beautiful women trying to take him away from me so I was surprised with the one he decided to cheat on me with. He probably thought she would be a good lay.

He cheated on me with a woman, who was pretty but under her make up fairly plain. And she wore a lot of it. Very short skirts with white tops and a black bra (you know the type). I remember she had a tacky tattoo on her ankle...

I also remember she approached me at a work function of his a few months after I found out and had the audacity to say...

"We were drunk. He would usually never cheat on you. He loves you alot. I promise. I hope we can be friends. I think you are really beautiful, inside and out." I almost spat in her face.

It still makes my blood boil. F*CK! I am going to bed.

Good luck. It still makes my toes curl, and not in a good way, to remember the parade of fugly sluts I endured while in that relationship. As a result, I have a weird aversion to drunk females who are unattractive. Seeing them makes me irrationally angry. So it's a good thing I never go to bars any more. :lmao:

Oh why did I start this depressing thread? :laugh:

BO- You are absolutely hilarious :lmao: I always love reading your contributions.

My ex always had very beautiful women trying to take him away from me so I was surprised with the one he decided to cheat on me with. He probably thought she would be a good lay.

He cheated on me with a woman, who was pretty but under her make up fairly plain. And she wore a lot of it. Very short skirts with white tops and a black bra (you know the type). I remember she had a tacky tattoo on her ankle...

I also remember she approached me at a work function of his a few months after I found out and had the audacity to say...

"We were drunk. He would usually never cheat on you. He loves you alot. I promise. I hope we can be friends. I think you are really beautiful, inside and out." I almost spat in her face.

It still makes my blood boil. F*CK! I am going to bed.

Sweet Dreams.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I was cheated on once.... she was a chunk and a half :lmao: greasy slob with a 5 grade education and 12 year old mentality... oh well hope they are lving in bliss :) They were very much alike in the brains dept. looking back now. :lmao:

What is odd is that several "unfortunate looking" women have tried to hit on my current H. I wonder if they chase men taken by more "fortunate looking" women so it makes them feel better in an odd sense?

It's like adding insult to injury. The the girls are so skanky.

I felt like taking a shower in lystol after I saw my EX OW.

so nasty the worst part was my BF married her! So I still had to deal with the skank.

My husband's description of the woman he had the EA with:

A tavern bitch

You'd need to know him to understand that's about the worst thing he would ever say about a woman. So then, of course, I asked again, but why? His reply:

Because she didn't matter. It was OK with me to lie to her and use her, because of what she was.

So. . . maybe part of the reason they cheat "down" is simply because they don't respect them.

What is odd is that several "unfortunate looking" women have tried to hit on my current H. I wonder if they chase men taken by more "fortunate looking" women so it makes them feel better in an odd sense?

I think there's definitely an element of "if he's good enough for her, he's good enough for me" about it. Think of it as being a trend setting thing. I remember being shown a picture of an ex with the female he cheated on me with - taken after we'd split up (he went out with her for a while). Surprise surprise...guess who'd had her hair cut and styled just like mine? This had brought about some degree of aesthetic improvement....but only marginally.

:bunny: (because there's not a miaowing cat smiley, sadly).

I think there's definitely an element of "if he's good enough for her, he's good enough for me" about it. Think of it as being a trend setting thing. I remember being shown a picture of an ex with the female he cheated on me with - taken after we'd split up (he went out with her for a while). Surprise surprise...guess who'd had her hair cut and styled just like mine? This had brought about some degree of aesthetic improvement....but only marginally.

:bunny: (because there's not a miaowing cat smiley, sadly).

Oh my God, yes. I met another girl my psycho ex cheated on me with. She showed up at my house with other people that I knew. I live in a small town.

She looked stunningly, disturbingly, like me. Like, even wearing clothing that looked similar to what I used to wear when I was a druggie. Same haircut. Same color. Freakish. :sick:

She was the one he dated directly after I got my restraining order against him.

My husband's description of the woman he had the EA with:

A tavern bitch

You'd need to know him to understand that's about the worst thing he would ever say about a woman. So then, of course, I asked again, but why? His reply:

Because she didn't matter. It was OK with me to lie to her and use her, because of what she was.

So. . . maybe part of the reason they cheat "down" is simply because they don't respect them.

I know but they don't respect the women they're cheating on either. I think they just don't respect WOMEN period!

I think the respect issue may have a bit to do with it too...... they just kinda look at the easily attainable as just "holes" to use.

That is sad...... those poor ugly skanky girls........ :lmao:

Oh my God, yes. I met another girl my psycho ex cheated on me with. She showed up at my house with other people that I knew. I live in a small town.

She looked stunningly, disturbingly, like me. Like, even wearing clothing that looked similar to what I used to wear when I was a druggie. Same haircut. Same color. Freakish. :sick:

I don't think this is uncommon. A stunning looking friend of mine recently directed me to her ex's new girlfriend's website with the words "tell me if she looks familiar at all..."

Indeed she did.

I'm not sure how conscious these things are. Obviously some guys have "types" that they go for...but when small details like hair-style, earrings, and make up shades are identical, then it does smack of identity stealing.

I wonder if this is why we're always driven to have a bit of a style overhaul after a break up. To differentiate ourselves from the successor?

I found pictures of them together in bed all naked with her crotch staring at the camera , and there he was ith his arm around her with his wedding ring on. He tried to say it was not the same girl and the picture was taken before we were married. LOLOLOL . I told him thatwas a real nice wedding ring he had on .Where'd he get it?

When the rubber hits the road, most men would rather be with a less attactive girl who is kind than a raving beauty who is a bxtch!

I found pictures of them together in bed all naked with her crotch staring at the camera , and there he was ith his arm around her with his wedding ring on. He tried to say it was not the same girl and the picture was taken before we were married. LOLOLOL . I told him thatwas a real nice wedding ring he had on .Where'd he get it?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

man why can't they think on their toes?

If your going to lie make it a damn good one at least: (like this)

that is one of my Xs after our mock up wedding we had...... damn I am so glad we never really got married........ thank goodness I met you..... you are the love of my life honey... wow to think I could have been trapped with that thing if we did the real wedding...... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

When the rubber hits the road, most men would rather be with a less attactive girl who is kind than a raving beauty who is a bxtch!

Nah they would actually prefer a kind raving beauty :)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

man why can't they think on their toes?

If your going to lie make it a damn good one at least: (like this)

that is one of my Xs after our mock up wedding we had...... damn I am so glad we never really got married........ thank goodness I met you..... you are the love of my life honey... wow to think I could have been trapped with that thing if we did the real wedding...... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: funny it was the match to my wedding band though.But at least that one had some creativitey . He still insists he dose'nt remember any of the things he did. :sick:

But what about the attractive girl who is kind and cooks, cleans, works and goes to school. What then?

CrushedOrgans

maybe they just happen to find something attractive about the "down" personality that their pretty girl lacks. or maybe they, in some cases, find something else just as attractive as they find in their pretty girlfriend, but in different ways.

or maybe they are blind-effing-drunk at the time. who knows?

But what about the attractive girl who is kind and cooks, cleans, works and goes to school. What then?

Don't you know!!!

There is no such thing as a attractive woman who is also kind and considerate and caring..... sheesh.... good looking people are all evil. :lmao:

What's the definition of kind? Someone who chases after other women's boyfriends? I guess that could be described as kind insofar as it often involves pampering needy egos.