Your Last Relationship

TheSilentType

Which one describes the way you were with your last relationship or romantic interest?

A. Fell in love quickly.....fell out of love quickly

B. Fell in love quickly.....fell out of love slowly

C. Fell in love slowly......fell out of love quickly

D. Fell in love slowly......fell out of love slowly

In general, how do you approach a relationship?

Do you tend to fall in love quickly and then lose interest fast once you've managed to get the person you want?

Do you tend to be cautious about who you give your heart to....and then pine for them when its over?

I'm curious. Let's hear it people!

leopardprint

What exactly is quickly and slowly?

I would have said, my last relationship was a B. Fell in love quickly.....fell out of love slowly. I realized I was inlove with my last significant other after two months of getting to know him. And I'm still not out of love with him.

I've actually never lost interest in my relationships; I've been the who who's been dumped.

Cute!!

Yes, I am oh-so in to a guy until he returns his affections to me...

I won't be giving my heart away for a very long time... :laugh:

I don't believe in pining. Animals pine for their owners... I would like to think we have more independence and diginity than pets. If they let it happen, everyone can survive on their own.

• Author
TheSilentType

Well, I can't really give you a time span which would constitute quickly and slowly.

But let me give an example to give you a sense of quickly and slowly.

Someone who falls in love after the first date or the first few dates would be someone who falls in love quickly. Heck, if you knew you wanted to be with someone after the first time you spoke with them, then isn't that considered falling in love quickly.

Someone who fell in love slowly could be considered someone who was friends with someone for a couple of months and then realized they really like them.

These are just a few examples to give you a sense of what I mean by quickly and slowly

And for the record, I think I tend to be B.....lol I fall fast and hard

the_alchemyst

D for me.

I have only been in love once in my life, and it too me a very long time to get there.

I guess this is mainly because, in general, I'm not a very trusting person. Sure, I'll talk to you and share jokes with you, but I won't trust you--at least, not until I know what kind of person you are, which, to me, takes a long time to know.

I met my exbf when we were in 10th grade--I 14 and he 15. I quickly had a thing for him, thinking he was very cury both physically and emotionally. We grew to be good friends, but then he kind of ran away, I looked for him, found him, re-established friendship, dated, and fell in love.

It took me a good 3-4 years of knowing the guy before I truly felt like I loved him.

I haven't had many relationships. Just three, but the other two were really nothing but high school flings.

I like to get to know the person first--as well as I possibly can before letting my guard down. I'm just really distrusting. Even when it comes to something as natural as this.

It took me a while to fall in love, but oh, boy did I fall hard.

• Author
TheSilentType

I've actually never lost interest in my relationships; I've been the who who's been dumped.

OK fine....let me modify it to included all those who were dumped...:p

A. Fell in love quickly.....fell out of love quickly or moved on

quickly (i.e. screw you *******! I can do better)

B. Fell in love quickly.....fell out of love slowly or moved on

slowly (i.e. psycho amount of texting/phone calls saying how much you miss them)

C. Fell in love slowly......fell out of love quickly or moved on

quickly

D. Fell in love slowly......fell out of love slowly or moved on

slowly

Which one describes the way you were with your last relationship or romantic interest?

Basically, I like to go for a few dates and then see if I have chemistry with this person then I approach relationship status. I didn't do that with the last person I dated. I just jumped into relationship status too early.

Do you tend to fall in love quickly and then lose interest fast once you've managed to get the person you want?

Not really, With my past relationship is the only time this happened.

Do you tend to be cautious about who you give your heart to....and then pine for them when its over?

Right now, I am more cautious then ever. Never say "I love you " too early in the game, don't say it if you don't mean it. Now, I miss my ex alot since those words have been said. In my heart I do love him, but I just don't wanna be with him.

I couldnt stop thinking about him after one date. Fell in love after about three months. Now we we are on the verge of splitting up and I still love him. I have a feeling it will take a lot longer than three months to fall ou of love..if ever. I did read somewhere that it takes one month for every year you were together to get over someone. Does anyone think this is true?

Neither. My last relationship only lasted a month. I didn't fall in love. Only time I did.. or have.. is with my boyfriend now. :)

With honesty and communcation.

I don't fall in love quickly. I may fall for the person quickly, but not fall in love. I don't lose interest fast. Guys are the ones who tend to lose interest fast for some reason.

I've always been cautious. But when it's over, I realize it's their loss... not mine. So I move on and be thankful for the experience and thankful that the drama is over. LoL.