Is there physical pain in hell?

silentcharon
Am I the only person on the planet who thought the movie was emotionally-maniuplative, sentimental tripe?

probably!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

silentcharon
Oh sure. Spoil it for people who haven't seen it.

I've seen it three or four times - I'm sure I used half a box of generic tissues each time. Excellent, superb, wonderful film. Really didn't get enough attention.

If anything, what I said about the ending probably didn't make any sense :) Maybe it'll give people incentive to rent the movie and see what I was talking about, lol.

Am I the only person on the planet who thought the movie was emotionally-maniuplative, sentimental tripe?

nope... :)

john - hell isn't a physical place you go to after you die. it is a state of consciousness whereby you believe yourself to be separated from god. it a state of consciousness where god's light cannot reach a particular soul becasue of the choices that soul has made to maintain an identity that excludes god. and that can happen before you die or after you die. many people walking the planet today are in hell.

another thing you should know about hell is that it's temporary. you can stay there only as long as you choose. once you make a better choice, hell evaporates along with the state of mind that sent you there.

i should add physical pain is part of your physical body. once your soul departs from your body there is no more physical pain. emotional pain can be much, much worse however.

Sometimes you have to read between the lines - even when it comes to movies. A lot of people misunderstood Siddhartha and Steppenwolf, too.