My Screwed up life

Tommy

I had a situation today with my parents. I went to my sister's house for Christmas Eve, and my nephew casually blurted out some things my mother was saying about me behind my back. This kid is 8 years old, and looks up to me a lot, so I doubt that he is maliciously making up stories. Anyways, my mom told him that I will never in my life be married or have any kids and that I'm basically a loser. This p***ed me off to no end. This is the third time in my life that my mother has been saying things about me behind my back. To my face, she always kisses up and tells me how "wonderful" I am. She thinks I hate women. I am 20 years old, and have never brought a girl home (I have dated a decent number of women in the last few years however). Even though I still live at home, I am a full time student and will be moving into the dorms next fall. The only reason I don't bring girls home is because I am embarassed and ashamed by my parents. My father had the brilliant idea a few years ago to become a PRIEST (yes, a PRIEST.... which was a stupid thing and he should never have done it) and my mom doesn't even work anymore, she just sits around watching TV all day. My dad makes a living by being an elementary school teacher, but has made it clear to all that he would prefer to be known as a priest. They have no friends their own age (Around 50), so they hang out with elderly people in their 70's and 80's (members of my father's congregation). I am a Christian like my father but I refuse to attend his church. Am I being a jerk about this?