Clinical traits of a sociopath.

Brittanyjean06

Alot of us can share these traits..But um sorry if your on loveshack.or you pretty much have a conscience. A sociopath is someone who uses all those characterisitics everyday, thats all their made up of.

I feel like no one has ever dealt with the stuff I dealt with maybe we can exchange stories?.. ha

• Author
basscatcher
The man needed and still will need a foot up his ass to make him realize what should be a priority in his life.......... recall my story of the Tater. Ya don't know what you got until it is gone........

It is unfortunate that men and women are not handed the tools to communicate/listen to their needs to partners upon their 21st birthday.

The man is clueless as how to treat a woman and because he had a whacko X probably even more confused...... but do you really want to be the one to train/save him?

IMHO neither of you are in good places to form a relationship.

Well said a4a... I have nothing to argue with in this post of yours.

Neither him nor I are in good places to form a relationship at this time. Especially with each other..

I have been saying for awhile in my posts that

'I need time.'

'I want and need time alone.'

If I get stir crazy from loneliness and temptation I have TCK for loving arms and wisdom in my ears to get me level again.. BUT I need to deal with all this without leaning on someone for physical comfort..

blind_otter

First off "sociopath" is not used often in clinical diagnoses. I think usually they go with Antisocial Personality Disorder.

Secondly it is SO not a good idea to go around labeling people or "diagnosing" them using lists you pull off the internet!

Look, can't you just say "this person has a number of bad qualities. They do not treat me respectfully. We do not share similar values, wants, or needs. Therefore I will not associate with them any more."

Why do you have such a driving need to prove your own emotions are valid?

OP, I don't want to be a fly in the ointment here,

:lmao: :lmao:

Pada why are you posting about me again? :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao:

Actually, I see what Pada has done here today as a move forwards really. It doesn't actually matter what she posted. Or what her specific issues are. What happened here was a little piece of someone working something out for themselves with the LS hand of guidance. (that's my overview of coming to this thread with new eyes)

Oh and Alpha... criminal versatility..? :p

• Author
basscatcher
First off "sociopath" is not used often in clinical diagnoses. I think usually they go with Antisocial Personality Disorder.

Secondly it is SO not a good idea to go around labeling people or "diagnosing" them using lists you pull off the internet!

Look, can't you just say "this person has a number of bad qualities. They do not treat me respectfully. We do not share similar values, wants, or needs. Therefore I will not associate with them any more."

Why do you have such a driving need to prove your own emotions are valid?

I tend to search for understanding when I am troubled. I look for answers. As I was surfing around I ran across this list and found it interesting.

I didnt label anyone (Charlie) as this directly. He does show some characteristics and I do also.

I do tend to look for validation of my feelings and thoughts frequently when I don't know if I should trust them. I didn't exacly learn healthy living growing up in a dysfunctional home. As an adult I want to learn and check my standards and work on changing the ones that are unhealthy.

I do tend to look for validation of my feelings and thoughts frequently when I don't know if I should trust them. I didn't exacly learn healthy living growing up in a dysfunctional home. As an adult I want to learn and check my standards and work on changing the ones that are unhealthy.

Stop living so you can be loved and validated by others and just live for you.

And for gosh sakes.... you keep saying how able and strong you are... start acting like it. And I say that with the best of intentions.

• Author
basscatcher
Stop living so you can be loved and validated by others and just live for you.

And for gosh sakes.... you keep saying how able and strong you are... start acting like it. And I say that with the best of intentions.

Exactly the butt chewing I got the other night.

I was told:

remember to tell yourself,,, that you love yourself,,, and that is why!

I need to give it to myself. I need to love myself enough that I don't look towards others to get what I can give myself...