Patching things up

Krista

This guy I've known for a couple of years now & I used to see each other off and on for a while. Usually one of us would call the other and it would be fine, casual and both of us enjoyed the others company. It's been around 6 months since either of us called the other. I would like to call just to be on good terms with him and have one of our good chats. Do you think its a bad idea? I'm calling with no intentions of starting things up, I just want his friendship back. Is there a way I can make that clear, if it does go another way and I want more, well I would have to see how it goes, but right now, friendship is what I want. I think its cause right now I'm getting on good terms with alot of my old friends and I don't want anymore bad blood in my life. Lifes too short right. Would it be wrong to call his work number? Is it weird I still have it, I used to call him there all the time.

You seem awfully apprehensive to call him. Is (or was) there some bad blood between you two?

Based on what you have posted, I don't see any reason not to call him. If there are (or were) other circumstances that led to a falling out, maybe you shouldn't.

Sometimes it's best to let bygones be bygones.

Usually guys that are dumped do not want to continue a friendship with the girl that dumped them if it was a bad relationship. It's too painful to talk, and know that you will never be with that person again. If you want to talk with him, atleast make it in person. If any feelings are left, you will be able to comfront them. Phone and the internet do NOT relay feelings, a message can be interpreted the wrong way on these mediums.

For sure confront in person its a far far better way to communicate feelings. Men have bigger egos about being dumped or dumping then girls do, I dont mean to sound sexist but its true maybe he needs time to lick his wounds ? or get over you for real.. The feelings that surround the end of a relationship for a man can bear differently on the feelings of a woman, he could well be thinking he wants to remain a friend of yours but needs time to sort his head out, some people find it hard to be friends after a relationship.Maybe you should just move on and see if one you can become friends one day in the future.

This guy I've known for a couple of years now & I used to see each other off and on for a while. Usually one of us would call the other and it would be fine, casual and both of us enjoyed the others company. It's been around 6 months since either of us called the other. I would like to call just to be on good terms with him and have one of our good chats. Do you think its a bad idea? I'm calling with no intentions of starting things up, I just want his friendship back. Is there a way I can make that clear, if it does go another way and I want more, well I would have to see how it goes, but right now, friendship is what I want. I think its cause right now I'm getting on good terms with alot of my old friends and I don't want anymore bad blood in my life. Lifes too short right. Would it be wrong to call his work number? Is it weird I still have it, I used to call him there all the time.