how fast to go

when u just met the person u'r dating, u go slow (physically) b/c u wanna get to know 'em first...

but if u already know 'em well as a friend, it doesnt make sense to go slow when u start dating ... or does it?

thanks,

yes

YOU ASK: "...if u already know 'em well as a friend, it doesnt make sense to go slow when u start dating ... or does it?"

A dating relationship is much different from a friendship. You respect each other's boundaries and timing when deciding just how fast to take a relationship.

If anything, if they have been a friend...transitioning to romance should take a bit longer because of the awkwardness.

Don't worry about such issues. Just go with the flow and let nature take its natural course. This is not an issue you need to sit around and ponder. You just let the relationship unfold as it will.

• Author

Well, I went w/ my natural flow last night n kissed him when he was dropping me off ... he kissed back, but then he sorta just sat there, so i wasn't sure what to do ... i'm used to guys who lead the game... so i just kissed him a few more times (prolly shdn't have but i felt like it) and then went off ......... i was awkwardish, i think so was he... i told him it feels weird... he said yeah... i asked bad weird or good weird... he said good weird... pretty much left it at that.

I'm confused now ....... he's a rlly good kisser but i feel silly being the active one, with him just sitting there, mirroring whatever i do ... is that likely to change??

Also, did i jump it too early since it was awkwardish? or it would've been anyway?...

Thanks......

YOU ASK: "...if u already know 'em well as a friend, it doesnt make sense to go slow when u start dating ... or does it?" A dating relationship is much different from a friendship. You respect each other's boundaries and timing when deciding just how fast to take a relationship. If anything, if they have been a friend...transitioning to romance should take a bit longer because of the awkwardness. Don't worry about such issues. Just go with the flow and let nature take its natural course. This is not an issue you need to sit around and ponder. You just let the relationship unfold as it will.