how to make friends that...

Hi!

My friends at college have been disappointing me... they study soo much... and while they're smart, and i enjoy spending time with them, i want to find people who'll go clubbing even during exams... one needs to relieve the stress after all! u know - people who are crazy, exciting, not those who study n read day n night... how do i find such people?? I personally change - i have periods where all i do is read, and then for a couple months i'll be all into partying... etc. I guess a balance of both all the time is best. How do i tell people who have this balance?

My current friends agree to go out, but then they cancel cuz they've got 5 more chapters to study (ahh, who cares!)... is it a problem with me or my choice of friends?

advice?

thanks...

You may find a lot of friends compatible with yourself at a school for the mentally challenged.

I think the friends you have now set priorities for themselves and know what's important and what's not at any given time. They certainly are not compatible with your freewheeling lifestyle. You need to find a group of irresponsible people who don't care about their futures to hang out with.

There's lots of people in the world who will fill the bill for you.

Good luck!

You got that one wrong, Tony...

I got my priorities... I get good grades... And i also find it healthy to party out the stress! I study hard, then go party. They just stretch out the studying over the whole time ...

Anyhow, thanks for your advice I guess...

You may find a lot of friends compatible with yourself at a school for the mentally challenged.

I think the friends you have now set priorities for themselves and know what's important and what's not at any given time. They certainly are not compatible with your freewheeling lifestyle. You need to find a group of irresponsible people who don't care about their futures to hang out with.

There's lots of people in the world who will fill the bill for you. Good luck!

YOU WRITE: "They just stretch out the studying over the whole time."

That's their right. Go find friends who are as smart as you and who don't find a need to study so much. Get a list of members of MENSA. You can go to meetings over the Internet. Advertising in the campus paper.

I didn't mean to insult you, just wanted you to know that your friends have different priorities than you do and consider academics important. Their study habits are their business and if you can't deal with them, yes, there are lots of people around who are like you.

Thanks! I took their practice quiz n did pretty well - 80%. I'll look into trying to join this organization...

=)

YOU WRITE: "They just stretch out the studying over the whole time." That's their right. Go find friends who are as smart as you and who don't find a need to study so much. Get a list of members of MENSA. You can go to meetings over the Internet. Advertising in the campus paper. I didn't mean to insult you, just wanted you to know that your friends have different priorities than you do and consider academics important. Their study habits are their business and if you can't deal with them, yes, there are lots of people around who are like you.