depressed and need help

Im am currnetly in a long term relationship of two years. I am suffering and have been suffering from depression for quiet some time now. Recently everything has gotton worse for me and this is causing a great deal of problems with the one I love the most. He says that he understands because he knows the things that have happened to me in my childhood past. He even is looking for a theripist for us to see together. I know that I am one of the luckiest girls in the world to have someone like him to support me, but I feel like he deserves better than deal with my problems. I also feel like I am holding him back from being happy and I dont want him to be unsatisfied with his life. He has a lot of close friend that ask him to go out a lot but they never have an extra ticket for me or its just a guy thing. This just seems to make my emotions worse. Makes me envious of his friends, when I know that I dont have the right to be. Its just that when I am alone I begin to think too much and feel that much more lonley. I just currently graduated from college and moved 5 hours a way from all that I know to be with him, otherwise I would go out with my friends, but I dont have enough energy to go out and make new friends right now. My question is should I let him go so he dosent have to worry about me until I find myself? Sometimes I feel like this is something that I have to deal with on my own.

I personally don't think you should let him go if the relationship is working for both of u, but I think you really need your own friends, and you shouldn't be concentrating your life on him.

I tend to get depressed fairly often, and I find that what gets me out of it is often simply going out with lots of different people ... one of them ends up bringing up a subject that interests me, i start exploring it... and next thing i know the depression's gone ... Of course, that's just me.

But still, I think concentrating on just one person is very wrong. He knows it - he's got friends. So should you - your own friends, not his.

Best of luck!

Im am currnetly in a long term relationship of two years. I am suffering and have been suffering from depression for quiet some time now. Recently everything has gotton worse for me and this is causing a great deal of problems with the one I love the most. He says that he understands because he knows the things that have happened to me in my childhood past. He even is looking for a theripist for us to see together. I know that I am one of the luckiest girls in the world to have someone like him to support me, but I feel like he deserves better than deal with my problems. I also feel like I am holding him back from being happy and I dont want him to be unsatisfied with his life. He has a lot of close friend that ask him to go out a lot but they never have an extra ticket for me or its just a guy thing. This just seems to make my emotions worse. Makes me envious of his friends, when I know that I dont have the right to be. Its just that when I am alone I begin to think too much and feel that much more lonley. I just currently graduated from college and moved 5 hours a way from all that I know to be with him, otherwise I would go out with my friends, but I dont have enough energy to go out and make new friends right now. My question is should I let him go so he dosent have to worry about me until I find myself? Sometimes I feel like this is something that I have to deal with on my own.

I don't know the whole situation. Are you on any medication for depression? Has depression been a constant in your life? How long have you been feeling this way?

If it is just since you moved, then that is expected. Are you working in the new area you moved to? If not, get at least a part time job. You will meet people there. Go to the gym, exercise always make you feel better.

Stop dwelling on what you had before you moved (friends, job, etc.). If you want to change something in your life, you have to be the one to do it. Be strong. If you love this guy, then try every thing in your power before relying on him to try and fix things by making suggestions to you. He may even enjoy taking care of you, but that gets old. Believe me.

Smile as much as you can (even if you don't have a reason to), it will make you feel better.

He cares about you. I am in the same situation with my girlfriend, she told me that I can do better than her, that I don't need to deal with her depression. You should realize that he really does care for you. This is something that you won't find in many guys. All the girls that I know dump nice guys for some reason, and they regret it tremendously down the road. If you love him truely, they you should stay with him. You almost sounded like you were writing from my girlfriend's head when you wrote this message. She broke up with me, for this reason. She now is starting to regret it, but I'm holding tight, I will not play the fool. Do not let this happen to your relationship. You have someone that cares for you very very much. I'm sure if you asked him why he wants you, he will say that he loves you. That is true love when you care about someone that much, that you take care of your problems and theirs. If you love him, stay with him.