Haven't gotten period for over a month! (not about pregnancy)

Lilly

I'm really worried because my mentrual cycle is very late!

I always record the dates of my period which comes every 29 days. The last time it started was October 30 and it is now December 5th! I am 30 years old and don't think it could be early menopause, although you never know...

I didn't have any form of sexual contact between this time, so it is certainly not pregancy.

The only thing I can attribute it to might me that before and during my last period I was very depressed and had huge mood swings, didn't eat regularly or sleep well. Could that have had an effect on the cycle?? I wan't on any medication or anything either and am not on the birth control pill.

Why isn't it coming??!!!

Lilly,

Hopefully I can help. I have had this problem. Stress and Depression are very powerful things, and can definetly affect your physical being. I went through a period in my life where I was depressed and it most defiently not only affected my period, but my eating habits as well! You should always check with your Dr. in the event that something is not right, however, you may find that the more your depressed, the more these "symptoms" will occur. I found that once I got my mind back on track, my body soon followed......

Hope this helps and Cheer Up! :o)

Raven

I'm really worried because my mentrual cycle is very late! I always record the dates of my period which comes every 29 days. The last time it started was October 30 and it is now December 5th! I am 30 years old and don't think it could be early menopause, although you never know... I didn't have any form of sexual contact between this time, so it is certainly not pregancy.

The only thing I can attribute it to might me that before and during my last period I was very depressed and had huge mood swings, didn't eat regularly or sleep well. Could that have had an effect on the cycle?? I wan't on any medication or anything either and am not on the birth control pill. Why isn't it coming??!!!

Your emotions and your eating and sleeping habits definitely effect your period (as well as other bodily functions) I experiences this when my father was in the hospital; at the same time I was getting ready to move into my first apartment (first time on my own); going to school; working; and totally dependent upon myself! Mom and dad still insisted on helping me move! I skipped a whole period and didn't realize it until it was time for my next one - which came on time. If you're truly worried, I'd check with your doc. Otherwise, wait a couple of more weeks and see what happens. Try exercising and getting your mind back to a strong position. Once that happens, the rest of your body will respond just as positively.

I'm really worried because my mentrual cycle is very late! I always record the dates of my period which comes every 29 days. The last time it started was October 30 and it is now December 5th! I am 30 years old and don't think it could be early menopause, although you never know... I didn't have any form of sexual contact between this time, so it is certainly not pregancy.

The only thing I can attribute it to might me that before and during my last period I was very depressed and had huge mood swings, didn't eat regularly or sleep well. Could that have had an effect on the cycle?? I wan't on any medication or anything either and am not on the birth control pill. Why isn't it coming??!!!

Lilly (The other one)

I've been having the opposite problem... periods coming 5/6 days early. I wondered what was going on until I realised it was connected to the major stress and blue moods I've been having the past few months.

Your periods are about 1 week overdue (going on the dates you've given)... I would definately say it's got everything to do with your emotional state. I would wait just a wee bit longer then head off to a GP if they still haven't come.

Best wishes :)