suggestions for jobs

saralynn

i'm recently single and in my 50's. my daughter comes to this site often and suggested that since it is a younger crowd here that maybe i could get some ideas on some jobs.

i'm recently single and i have been supported by my husband for many years and am now trying to find a job with no job skills at all. any one that can help me with some ideas would mean the world to me. i do not want to work at fast food or retail.

It seems to me that if you feel you can be picky about what kind of job you will take, considering you don't have any work experience, then you probably don't need a job that bad.

Check the want ads in your local newspaper on a daily basis. If you can't afford to buy a newspaper, go to your local library. They have copies you can read for free. Also, look in the yellow pages under employment agencies. They will probably have several job openings you can interview for. That is, if they fit your taste.

If you like children and are good with children, perhaps you could work at a daycare. I worked at a daycare for a year and a half and loved it, and I had no prior experience, except for babysitting.

i do not see where not liking certain work is "being picky" afterall who wants to sit at a job for 8 hours if they don't like it? thank you just the same

It seems to me that if you feel you can be picky about what kind of job you will take, considering you don't have any work experience, then you probably don't need a job that bad. Check the want ads in your local newspaper on a daily basis. If you can't afford to buy a newspaper, go to your local library. They have copies you can read for free. Also, look in the yellow pages under employment agencies. They will probably have several job openings you can interview for. That is, if they fit your taste.

well that is actually a good idea and one i like alot because i love my grandkids to pieces and miss them so much since they live so far away. another one i thought of when you mentioned kids is a petshop of some kind, those are my two favorite things! thank you so much and that gives me some hope now.

If you like children and are good with children, perhaps you could work at a daycare. I worked at a daycare for a year and a half and loved it, and I had no prior experience, except for babysitting.

No job skills but doesn't want to work retail or fast food. Why don't you just get out the classifieds of your newspaper and see if there's a position for a CEO in there, or a brain surgeon or an astronaut. Hell maybe you could write to Dick Cheney and he'd let you be Vice President on a part-time basis.

by the way, nice stab at trying to disguise yourself. Thought you were in your 40's, you had a boyfriend and you worked at a petshop already? lies lies lies yeah.

i'm recently single and in my 50's. my daughter comes to this site often and suggested that since it is a younger crowd here that maybe i could get some ideas on some jobs. i'm recently single and i have been supported by my husband for many years and am now trying to find a job with no job skills at all. any one that can help me with some ideas would mean the world to me. i do not want to work at fast food or retail.

Who wants to sit at a job for 8 hours if they don't like it? Try 80% of America. It's called "that's life"...it's called "I may not be crazy about my job but I need to do it so that I can support myself"...it's called "life." You don't sound like you're with reality too much. You have no job skills or experience but you think you have a right to be so choosy? Why don't you contact Bill Gates, I'm sure someone like yourself, he'd make you a manager right on the spot *chuckle*

i do not see where not liking certain work is "being picky" afterall who wants to sit at a job for 8 hours if they don't like it? thank you just the same

jennie, i thought you'd mentioned in past posts (not that long ago) that you already did work at a petshop. a little confused?

well that is actually a good idea and one i like alot because i love my grandkids to pieces and miss them so much since they live so far away. another one i thought of when you mentioned kids is a petshop of some kind, those are my two favorite things! thank you so much and that gives me some hope now.

who is jennie? sorry you have me confused with someone else.

jennie, i thought you'd mentioned in past posts (not that long ago) that you already did work at a petshop. a little confused?

this is a very rude website, my daughter referred me here and instead of being helped i've been insulted and referred to as someone else. sorry but you are sadly mistaken about who i am. i will never return to this board and i will be sure to tell my daughter that all i got from here was a bunch of idiots responding to my message and no one on this board is even intelligent enough to take me seriously anyway. i am not who ever it is that you keep calling me and it's a shame i'm not cause i'm reem all of you who responded if i was, but i'm too old for these games by you kids anyway.

No job skills but doesn't want to work retail or fast food. Why don't you just get out the classifieds of your newspaper and see if there's a position for a CEO in there, or a brain surgeon or an astronaut. Hell maybe you could write to Dick Cheney and he'd let you be Vice President on a part-time basis. by the way, nice stab at trying to disguise yourself. Thought you were in your 40's, you had a boyfriend and you worked at a petshop already? lies lies lies yeah.

you think insulting people is funny? then you must be a real joke!

Who wants to sit at a job for 8 hours if they don't like it? Try 80% of America. It's called "that's life"...it's called "I may not be crazy about my job but I need to do it so that I can support myself"...it's called "life." You don't sound like you're with reality too much. You have no job skills or experience but you think you have a right to be so choosy? Why don't you contact Bill Gates, I'm sure someone like yourself, he'd make you a manager right on the spot *chuckle*