amaysngrace

My mum doesn't want me to shave, and now I can see why...but her hair is nothing like mine. I'm a coward- too scared to wax, won't even consider laser procedure, shaving the underarms gets annoying, won't think about plucking...what to do?:o

Have you thought of using an electic razor? You can't cut yourself with one of these.

• 3 weeks later...

My first love was turned on by armpit hair. It was nice not to shave. I'm lucky though my body hair isn't coarse at all.

I use olay soap to shave with. Makes you skin soft and doesn't give me zits :p

OK, since we are on the topic of waxing here... I have a funny and slightly mortifying experience to share with you all.

So.... this was a few years back and I had just heard of "Brazilian waxing". I was amazed! A couple of my girlfriends were raving about them so I decided to call up one of the ritzier salons in my town and inquire if they do this type of waxing. The receptionist said that they do, so I proceed to book an appointment.

Now, if you aren't familiar with the Brazilian wax... it takes care of EVERYTHING!!!

I built up my nerve all day for this event. I knew it was going to be a little embarrassing and probably painful. So I get to the salon, check in and wait patiently to be called in. Once in the room (dimly lit with relaxing music and candles...), I was told to undress to my underpants and lay down on the table. Oooookkkkaaaay.... The woman proceeds to wax my bikini line and then says "you're all set".

I was a little puzzled and said "oh, I had actually requested a Brazilian wax". She looks at me with the same puzzled look I gave her and said, "what's that?". Uhhhhhh..... I awkwardly explained what I was looking for. She shot me a look of horror and disgust and told me that they didn't DOOOOO that kind of thing at this salon. She raced out of the room and left me there to get dressed. When I came out of the room, everyone in the salon was staring at me with the most repulsed look on their faces.

Needless to say, I have never returned. Soon after leaving, I lost that feeling of embarrassment and replaced it with absolute rage that they would treat me like that. I called to speak to the owner, explained the situation and suggested that if they wanted to maintain their standing as a top salon in the area, they ought to bone up on the latest trends in hair removal. Sheeeesh, you'd think I'd asked her to perform some kind of sexual act on my while she was down there. I heard from a friend that they now offer Brazilian waxes... hmmmm... not so disgusting anymore are they?