Heart disease? symptons

HokeyReligions
BJ -- how old are you..? Heart disease is mainly a disease of older people. I doubt if you were having a heart attack you'd be able to sit at the PC. My Dad had two and he was too ill to speak let alone anything else.

Not So! My 14 year old daughter died from heart disease!

It could be nothing - and I hope that it IS nothing - but don't take chances. Better to spend an evening at the ER and be embarassed about it then to stay home and hope for the best. When I was 13 or 14 I called an ambulance for my mom because she was having horrible chest pains and some breathing problems. Spent hours at the ER. She had gas. She was embarassed - but very relieved.

I have had a minor heart attack and I was able to work and take care of family and be on the computer for a week or so and when the 'indigestion' would not stop I went to the doctor who sent me in for tests and found out I did have an MI.

It could be indigestion. It could be gall stones. It could be a pinched nerve. It could be angina. It could be anything. Tums may help relieve the pain - an 81mg aspirin wouldn't hurt either - but go to the doctor anyway.

yeah....good idea TT....do they really do that? I know the firefighters tend to have a lot of free time on their hands...:laugh:

Yes. Big fires are mostly a thing of the past, with more stringent building codes and fire retardant materials used in construction these days. So firefighters are cross trained in rescue and life saving so they can be available for both firefighting and rescue work.

In decades past, there was little the rescue people could do for a heart attack victim except give them oxygen and get them to the hospital as quickly as possible. Today, with telemetry, which transmits the EKG to the hospital for analysis, and the ability to administer drugs and CPR on scene the chances of surviving a heart attack are MUCH greater.

Most fire stations around the country have qualified people who are quite happy to take your blood pressure...and even EKG if necessary...if they aren't out on a call.

• Author
Brittanyjean06

I popped some tums and in some ways it felt better.

Everytime I wake up my insides always feel sore and bruisen, like I've been in bed too long.

I am getting that cheaked out soon..

• 2 weeks later...