I have to tell you

Jack

When I came to this board 7-8 months ago asking for practical advice re: how to win back an ex I recieved mostly moralizing and judgement of character. Practical advice was hard to pick out from the reign of righteous indignation & condemnation. Fortunately I realised the ignorance of someone passing judgement on ones life & situation based on a few posts on this board & carefully "trimmed the fat" away for a nugget or two.

Things are working out great between us. Fortunately I did not listen to the constant cries of "back off, leave her alone" when what I asked was how to aggresively and somewhat manipulatively (if you're a guy & you don't admit it you're a fraud) win her back.

Perhaps you should reserve your moral judgements and answer the specific question at hand to the best of your abilities. If not, at least question, until satisfied you are clear on the situation before passing judgement & perhaps ruining someones life.

This pertains to many of the advice givers here Laurynn especially.

hi jack,

it's good to hear that things are working out well for you.

however, i disagree with this fragment of one of your statements:-

"...& perhaps ruining someones life."

no one here has the capacity to ruin anyone's life. if someones life is going to be "ruined", they did it all by themselves by CHOOSING to take someone's advice. might i add that most of the advice on this board is given with good intent, and if someone doesn't like what is written then they can CHOOSE to disregard it. there are no guns held to people's heads here.

in some situations i think it is imperative to bring morals into the picture, especially when there is more than one person in a scenario who can be greatly affected by another persons inconsiderate and/or harmful actions. however, sometimes moral judgments are not necessary or irrelevant.

once again, i hope things continue to work with your girlfriend and that you have a happy and fulfilling relationship.

best wishes :)

I sort of miss it (snicker!) was it the work of those bloody internet police?

When I came to this board 7-8 months ago asking for practical advice re: how to win back an ex I recieved mostly moralizing and judgement of character. Practical advice was hard to pick out from the reign of righteous indignation & condemnation. Fortunately I realised the ignorance of someone passing judgement on ones life & situation based on a few posts on this board & carefully "trimmed the fat" away for a nugget or two. Things are working out great between us. Fortunately I did not listen to the constant cries of "back off, leave her alone" when what I asked was how to aggresively and somewhat manipulatively (if you're a guy & you don't admit it you're a fraud) win her back. Perhaps you should reserve your moral judgements and answer the specific question at hand to the best of your abilities. If not, at least question, until satisfied you are clear on the situation before passing judgement & perhaps ruining someones life. This pertains to many of the advice givers here Laurynn especially.

The "nastiness", which consisted of me defending my original statement & Laurynn spouting childish insults, & immature sarcasm, was deleated. Unfortunately it was a prime example of the destructive potential of this advice giver on a truly wounded soul.

Jack, are you back to stir things up again? First you're here on a Friday night, expressing the grudge you've held for many months, now you're here on a Saturday night, trying to get it going again. What happened to your girlfriend that you supposedly got back together with? You're here whining when you'd think you'd be with her? Go play the victim role somewhere else. Had enough trouble on here last night. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Now grow up and move along or go start flame wars and express your grudges some place else, will you?

The "nastiness", which consisted of me defending my original statement & Laurynn spouting childish insults, & immature sarcasm, was deleated. Unfortunately it was a prime example of the destructive potential of this advice giver on a truly wounded soul.

This is not a grudge but a serious concern regarding potential damage this advice giver could do on an injured soul who dares to vary from her narrow uninformed view. People come here with real problems, this is not a joke, you should take your responsibilities seriously & take out the trash.

the REAL had it

not like it was a good one or anything. Like I said in a post "above" what has this "had it" have? Was it better than what I had?

This is not a grudge but a serious concern regarding potential damage this advice giver could do on an injured soul who dares to vary from her narrow uninformed view. People come here with real problems, this is not a joke, you should take your responsibilities seriously & take out the trash.