Criminal Record Checks

If this was supposed to be a joke, it's really funny! :laugh:

it was not suppose to be a ****-****** ****** joke RP. I'm serious. Why cannot men use their superior physical strength against women but women are allowed to use their superior emotional strength against men? You hav not answered the ******* question!!!

Because no man has died from verbal abuse, but many women have died from their husbands' fists. Violence can't compare to language or cheating.

***!!! That's total ******** RP. What about all the men who jumped of roofs or shot themselves in the head because of what woman did to them? Where are stats on that?

... no man has died from verbal abuse...

***!!! That's total ******** RP. What about all the men who jumped of roofs or shot themselves in the head because of what woman did to them? Where are stats on that?

...there is a rumbling amongst the DV counselors that I have talked to that there is a correlation between SOME suicides and emotional abuse in BOTH genders. I am not aware of, nor have I searched for articles on the subject. But it is reasonable to expect that some people in a fragile emotional state may be pushed over the brink to suicide from emotional abuse.

Both genders can be physically violent. Men, in general, will take the brute force path but women will, in general, undertake a more sophisticated method of physical violence involving weapons, accidents, poison and etc.

Have a great day :)

electric_sheep

I don't have enough faith in the criminal justice system to simply accept the results of a criminal background check as somehow being indicative of a persons worth or ethics. I once got arrested for disorderly conduct for spraying a beer all over my best friends girlfriend. What doesn't show up in the criminal background check is the weeks of mental and emotional torture that she put me through.

The whole thing highlighted one major fault in our system, and that is the glaring omission of any laws against being an a**h***. If being an a**h*** was against the law she would be doing serious time right now.

Not to mention, recent cases in the news have pretty much convinced me of how retarded and slanted our system is to begin with. Had I the inclination and the money I'm sure I could have gotten off.

Anyway, having said all that, 2 counts of battery I would definitely take as a red flag. If it were just one count I wouldn't give it much credence. Often times the events that actually happen do not coincide with what someone is arrested for, but 2 counts should be a warning. I would have talked to him about it however.