Where are the better places to hide a voice recorder in a car?

I have a voice recorder that will record 9 hours (vox) and is the size of a cigarette lighter. Where are the best places to hide that in a car? I have proof from the phone bills that he is on the phone with her all the time but he claims it's just work talk. He is her supervisor and she is one of 8 people who report to him. None of his other employees requires the excessive telephone support from him-sometimes 5-10 times a day. SHe has also been rumored to have been tied in with 4 other MM in the past. Just want to verify before I confront him again.

Make sure you test the device before putting it in his car. It's very important how far it can record voices. Also objects in front of the microphone will diminish the signal. Test it in a car, not at home. Try under the seats. If you have cloth seats, you can put it under the cover and sew it. You can glue it with a tape on the area where the passenger puts their feet (above, on the plastic). Also think about the sun protector above the passenger's head (where the mirror is).

Make sure he doesn't find it because then he will be more careful and you'll never catch him. I think a classic recorder like the ones that the journalists use is not as effective as a spying recorder with a little microphone that you can place anywhere and will record everything. they are way more expensive though.

The best way would be to spy his cell phone conversations. there are professional agencies that sell this kind of equipment and can teach you how to install it. Look on the net.

One LS member caught his wife by taking samples of her panty lines and taking them to the lab - they discovered the presence of sperm in them. You can do that too. :D

Is there a magazine pocket behind the passenger seat? That's where I put the recorder in my husband's car. This is a really obvious place, but my husband was oblivious and I knew he wouldn't go looking for a recorder. The voices were clear as can be. I've also heard of people velcro-ing the recorder to the underside of the driver's seat.

• Author

I had placed the recorder in the pocket behind the drivers seat but the car noise made it really hard to hear once he got to highway speeds. Nothing so far. Thanks.

• Author

My husband looked up what I was doing on the computer and found this site. He knows that I have been talking about recording him on the way to work since he read my posts.

He wasn't too happy and said my keeping surveillance of him will negatively effect our marriage. Like the phone calls to the OW won't. (that last was dripping with sarcasim just in case you were wondering). He was really unhappy that I was reading this site.

This means the recording thing is out, he said he doesn't want to feel like he has to shake the car down every time he gets into it. I told him that if I catch him doing nothing, that it would be better for me, then I would know that nothing was happening.

Anyway, we bought the recorder several years ago from one of those spy websites, but you can get them at best buy, radio shack or one of those other electronic stores now. I think even walmart carries them.

So, that means this won't work. He keeps insisting that nothing is going on, so I told him to tell her to find another friend to bother all the time, because the constant contact betwee the two of them is going to hurt our marriage. Just think, all of this happened this morning and the day is just starting!

I am sure something is going on. Just apologize about the idea of recording him, tell him you trust him, blah blah blah. Then, hen he thinks everything has setteled, place the recorder in his car. Here is the thing, if nothing was going on, he wouldnt "shake down" the care every time he got in. Play it cool, give it a few weeks.

Also, learn how to erase the cookies and cashe on the computer. That way he can not track where online you have been going. Also, check to see if he installed a keylogger, which tracks everything you do, or type on the computer. I always cover my tracks when I am done.

Anyway, talk about trust? He isnt trusting you if he is checking up on where you have been online! It is very easy to erase temp. internet files.

• Author

My husband looked up what I was doing on the computer and found this site. He knows that I have been talking about recording him on the way to work since he read my posts.

He wasn't too happy and said my keeping surveillance of him will negatively effect our marriage. Like the phone calls to the OW won't. (that last was dripping with sarcasim just in case you were wondering). He was really unhappy that I was reading this site.

This means the recording thing is out, he said he doesn't want to feel like he has to shake the car down every time he gets into it. I told him that if I catch him doing nothing, that it would be better for me, then I would know that nothing was happening.

Anyway, we bought the recorder several years ago from one of those spy websites, but you can get them at best buy, radio shack or one of those other electronic stores now. I think even walmart carries them.

So, that means this won't work. He keeps insisting that nothing is going on, so I told him to tell her to find another friend to bother all the time, because the constant contact betwee the two of them is going to hurt our marriage. Just think, all of this happened this morning and the day is just starting!

Guitar Wizard

Passenger side ventilation. You know, one of those little vents that blows out cold/hot air.

Why is he reading your posts here? Why does he know your user name? Why don't you log out and delete history / cookies / etc? That's almost abusive. Don't take that crap.

Screw him. He'll get too lazy to shake down the car every time he hops in. Just find a really good hiding spot.

Bust into his office and put one there too. :laugh:

The vents are a bad idea, btw. The blowing air will drown out the voices.

Look, you'll find out sooner or later whether he's doing something or not. The best would be to let it rest for now and see how things go. Capish? ;)

Does he talk to this woman when he is at home? If she calls him 5-10 times a day but they talk for a few min then you shouldn't worry, IMO. It's the long and frequent secret conversations that are alarming. But trust your intuition in any case. :)

• Author

The security where we work (2 different places, but for the same organization) is pretty intense. I could not get inside where he works and he could not get into where I work without each other knowing. Its not the kind of job where you can drop in and see each other in the work place...pretty much, if you don't have official business-you don't get in.

We will just have to see what happens.....I told him this morning that if he is just looking for an out to go. He denied that and said he wants our marriage to work.

BTW, some calls are long, some are just a minute-kind of a phone tag thing.

I appreciate all the input from you guys.

there are so many things one can do!

convert an mint tin, put a wireless PDA in a tissue box, working pen. There were some ideas. Convert something, hide something within something.

now are are different, it depends on the type, size, and design of the car. Under the seat is a great place but the carpeting sometimes gets in the way. Now another place is trunk like spare tire but not any place but a hidden place. All you need is a flat and they will find out.

One thing one can do it keep an eye on the eletronic tool passes.

In regards to deleting files there are other ways to retrieve those little bits on the computer and even cell phones.