Locking Our Own Threads

kitten chick

I couldn't find anything on this. I know we can't delete our threads but is there any way we can lock them down so people stop responding?

whichwayisup

I'm betting that's a no. I guess you could contact the mods and ask them to close a thread for you if you don't want anymore replies on it.

You're in someone else's home so you don't get to make the rules. You want your thread locked, start a discussion about homosexuality or religion. It'll disintegrate into a flame war and the mods will close it.

Hi Kitten Chick,

It is not possible for members to lock their own threads to further responses. If you do not wish to read further responses to something you've posted, you can unsubscribe from the thread (if you've set your preferences so that you get emails when there are new responses), or just not read the thread anymore.

Once you post, your thread/post becomes a public part of the community, and the discussion it generates may continue even if you stop participating. You are never required to respond to any post that you don't care to address -- even those that are directed at you by name.

If a thread wanders off-topic or gets out of hand (e.g. with attacking posts) you should bring it to the moderators' attention by reporting it, and at that time a decision might be made to close the thread. But we don't close public discussions just because the person who started the discussion no longer wishes to participate in it.

Best wishes,

midori

LoveShack.org Site Director

kitten chick

Thanks Midori. It seems my threads seem to veer off topic to me as a person rather than answering my questions. I won't start any more of them but I was hoping to lock the ones that got personal. It seems by this point they have died for the most part so no worries. Thanks for your response. :)