Alcohol

Art_Critic
Oh and please don't get touche started on any for of mentall illness , she dosn't believe any of them exist .She will not see reason on this , not our reason anyway.

Isn't that a sign of mental illness ? :laugh:

But how can you tell me that I don't know she has ADD? I'm around her everyday. I know the difference between her and just a hyper person..

Ok, tell me why you think she's not just hyper. I guess you're going to say she jumps around from activity to activity and doesn't stick to one thing. Or she can't pay attention and is fidgety? Ok, if observing those behaviors makes you think she has a mental condition then that's your right. YOU are acting like the doctor here, not me. I'd probably look at her and NOT diagnose her but think she's highly energetic and maybe a little nervous.

Isn't that a sign of mental illness ? :laugh:

Cute, Art. Yeah, I'm mentally ill, have LS addiction problems and no credibility. I might as well just end it all:lmao:

erika2610
Ok, tell me why you think she's not just hyper. I guess you're going to say she jumps around from activity to activity and doesn't stick to one thing. Or she can't pay attention and is fidgety? Ok, if observing those behaviors makes you think she has a mental condition then that's your right. YOU are acting like the doctor here, not me. I'd probably look at her and NOT diagnose her but think she's highly energetic and maybe a little nervous.

She acts exactly like that. My aunt also has it too actually. They both get ditracted very easily. If you're trying to talk to them, and someone else is holding a conversation in the background somewhere, they'll toally lose all focus, and when they come back to you, not remember what you were talking to. They can't focus at all. I'm not acting like a doctor.. I'm just telling you what I've experienced with people first hand. There are alot of things people don't believe in.. alot of doctors don't even. but that doesn't mean they absolutely don't exist. Alot of doctors don't think say Fibromyalgia exists. They think it's in the patients head. But yet, there's research backing up the fact that it does exist. Depends on who you talk to. Who you go to. You have a right to your opinions, just don't as Tink said, shove it down everybody's throats. You've done in on other threads too I guess.

SmoochieFace
They think it's in the patients head.

My Mommy Dearest has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and for years she was told that it was *all in her head* too. Those doctors obviously weren't up to scratch on the latest research.

*All in your head*... the standard pat answer from a doc who really doesn't know the answer. Blame the patient. :sick:

erika2610
My Mommy Dearest has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and for years she was told that it was *all in her head* too. Those doctors obviously weren't up to scratch on the latest research.

*All in your head*... the standard pat answer from a doc who really doesn't know the answer. Blame the patient. :sick:

I hurt myself, then went to the doctor and got told my pain was in my head basically. My friends told me in was all in my head. Everybody felt like crap when it turned out I hurt myself big time, and still live in pain 5 years later. I hate some doctors.

- Sorry to hijack the thread completely now -

:bunny:

She acts exactly like that. My aunt also has it too actually. They both get ditracted very easily. If you're trying to talk to them, and someone else is holding a conversation in the background somewhere, they'll toally lose all focus, and when they come back to you, not remember what you were talking to. They can't focus at all. I'm not acting like a doctor.. I'm just telling you what I've experienced with people first hand. There are alot of things people don't believe in.. alot of doctors don't even. but that doesn't mean they absolutely don't exist. Alot of doctors don't think say Fibromyalgia exists. They think it's in the patients head. But yet, there's research backing up the fact that it does exist. Depends on who you talk to. Who you go to. You have a right to your opinions, just don't as Tink said, shove it down everybody's throats. You've done in on other threads too I guess.

In YOUR opinion I've done that. I don't sove my views down ANYONE'S throat, Erika. We just disagree on this is all (let's go back to American Idol talk!:lmao: )

Of course you're right that just because a lot of doctors and some people like me don't believe it exists, it doesn't mean it doesnt. Fact is, we ALL agree there's a difference in some people's behavior. What we're in disagreement about is whether it's truly a mental condition or just a normal behavioral variant. I say it's the latter and you say it's the former. Like I said, cool. Believe what you want to believe. And I'll stick by my beliefs.

We've both looked at the research. We both have first hand experience with it and we've both come to different conclusions. Fair enough.

tinktronik
Thank god for alcohol. She's one b*tch I can count on.

I've stayed sober for four months, but f*ck it. This sh*t is killing me but i'm so bored and miserable and dissillusioned with everything, I don't see how it makes it any worse. At least I can still feel it and I can't feel so many things anymore. And tonight the warmth of the pint glass. She never lets me down.

I've been trying to stay straight to write, but I keep obssessing over the whore who wrecked me, or I should say the whore who let me wreck myself and i keep staring at the page and staring at the page and nothing comes out like a geriatric trying to take a piss. Just nothing but fear and futility. And so f*ck art.

Art is a poor substitute for love anyway. Both cut your emotions to the quick, but art is the poor man's version of love and everybody knows it. They are the two avenues through which a person expresses their awe at the universe. both are motivated at their center by a need for immortality, but art is the loner's way, the loser's path. That's why so many great artists are losers. And drinkers. Here's to you.

B4R, Alcohol probably isn't the anwser to your problems. You've mentioned to me before that you know you need to start dating again to enable yurself to heal from the last one. I too write and I know that it is much more difficult to write when under a large amount of stress .If you need to talk PM me.

• Author
burning 4 revenge
Well in this case Artist DOES equal loser. We need only look at what he put under "Location" to see that. Sick f***. He's vulgar and disgusting. Turn your life around and get your act together.

If I offended you, then once again Touche I apologize. I have an attraction to black humour, because my life is no where near where I want it to be, and so it's generally the more bitter ironies that appeal to me.

YellowLioness

But, there's nothing humorus or amusing about an entire race of people being systematically tortured and killed. I also find it offensive, and I'm one of the more liberal minded people on this site.

I hope that if anyone is jewish on this site, that they either a) don't see your avatar or b) think you're too pathetic for them to get angry

Irony is when you leave 2 hours early to catch a flight only to have it delayed. Or, when you meet someone you have an incredible connection with, but are in a great relationship with someone whom you adore. That is irony.

Yours is more cruel to people who don't deserve the brunt of your bitterness, having gone through quite enough themselves.

tinktronik
But, there's nothing humorus or amusing about an entire race of people being systematically tortured and killed. I also find it offensive, and I'm one of the more liberal minded people on this site.

I hope that if anyone is jewish on this site, that they either a) don't see your avatar or b) think you're too pathetic for them to get angry

Irony is when you leave 2 hours early to catch a flight only to have it delayed. Or, when you meet someone you have an incredible connection with, but are in a great relationship with someone whom you adore. That is irony.

Yours is more cruel to people who don't deserve the brunt of your bitterness, having gone through quite enough themselves.

Get your own thread.see title the definition of irony . dont hijack.

YellowLioness

You know, if you and your friends can ramble on the idiocies of ADD/HD then I can voice my opinion, too.

Silly goose! :p

tinktronik
If I offended you, then once again Touche I apologize. I have an attraction to black humour, because my life is no where near where I want it to be, and so it's generally the more bitter ironies that appeal to me.

B4R, you started this post about something else entirely , wanting to move towards alcohol and about your inability to write .Whats going on with you ?Is this really about the ex moving on and having it in your face or it there something else going on?

tinktronik
You know, if you and your friends can ramble on the idiocies of ADD/HD then I can voice my opinion, too.

Silly goose! :p

EVERY SINGLE topic is being taken over by infighting. It is getting so frustrating .I don't want to argue with anyone I want to be procuctive for the OP ,his situation was never discussed .THERE WAS NEVER EVEN A CHANCE TO DISCUSS THE ORIGINAL ISSUE B/C OF IMMEDIATE NAME CALLING. This is happening with a lot of the threads , lets keep to topic.

erika2610

Tink is right.. I for one apologize for turning the topic into ADD/HD. I shouldn't have. I do hate when threads turn into somethng else totally different than was intended.

• Author
burning 4 revenge

I appreciate Tink's concern. Really I don't care where the thread goes, as when I wrote it I was drunk and venting.

I just e-mailed the x with a pathetic ' am i ever going to see you again?'

god, i'm a loser

tinktronik
I appreciate Tink's concern. Really I don't care where the thread goes, as when I wrote it I was drunk and venting.

I just e-mailed the x with a pathetic ' am i ever going to see you again?'

god, i'm a loser

That's all good and fine that you appriciate my concern (thankyou), and its not really about this thread. I know you have'nt been on LS long but all of the put downs name calling and infighting are a fairly recent addition , and it seems like all of the posts are just ongoing put down sesions or arguments. But hey If you say its okay well , lets argue away.

The acronym HALT is a good thing to remember for recovering addicts (alcohol is a drug). If you want to avoid going back to the old ways it is important not to place yourself in a situation where you are Hungry, Angry, Lonley and Tired at the same time. If you're there you're in danger of starting to use again.

Thanks for sharing that Craig, I'll have to remember that one.