Was I drugged by my bf or was it just the alcohol?

HotCaliGirl

• Author
HotCaliGirl
Towel underneath you? Getting you in the shower, while sick? It would be the lats thing you'de do with a drunk person (dragging someone into the shower while she collapses all the time). This happened more then once?

Now I'm really getting worried, because when you ask if this has happened more than once, what I meant before was that I had gotten SICK a lot lately, but not this whole blacking out thing...

BUT now that I think about it, i would feel very sick to the point I threw up all over his bed the week before and was feeling very dizzy, but as if I couldn't move or do anything. I mean I didn't even offer to help clean, it was like I was out of it and just barely remember getting sick, then I fell "asleep" instantly. I apologized the next day that I got sick and he has been nice about it, like it's no problem...what if I have been blacking out every time I think i am just getting drunk...

It seems like every time I drink at his house, i instantly fall asleep, without even saying good night, then the next day I apologize that I must've had too much to drink. I hope I am all wrong about this and am just drinking too much, but I usually drink much more and get a buzz, nothing crazy like getting all sick after a drink or two.

I just called the National Women's Health Information Center but they're closed, I left a voicemail so they could get back to me with some information. I am reading that the longest a date drug stays in the body is for 72 hours, that the best way to test for it is immediately without having peed...I just have to be careful IF in fact something is up....

Very suspicious. Maybe get a camera that can record video for long durations, and hide it somewhere. Somewhere where it will not be found for a while in case it happens again. It seems very fishy... I'd to go a doctor. If your bf gets upset that you went, then you know something's up. Just explain that it made you feel very strange and you're wondering why you feel this way (if he asks). Regardless, I'd see a doctor.

You could get a drink testing kit that tests for those drugs. I found something online but it was from Australia.

I wonder what was going through your head before you talked to your sister. Were you embarrassed to see a doctor or something? It seems to me you might realize that 2 drinks doesn't = a black out and would've called your doctor. Not trying to get on your case, but maybe you are putting yourself waaaay too much in your boyfriends hands. If he really cared for you he surely would've called a hospital if you had such a problem after just 2 drinks. Or encouraged you to see your doctor. It just doesn't add up and I'm pretty convinced that he's a bad dude and probably drugged you. Who knows, maybe he's already been reported to the police for this kind of stuff. Anyway, I guess that's just speculation. But you need to be careful! This guy sounds like bad news! You can't trust him is the worst of it.

HG-

I wouldn't be tested.... it won't chnage what has already transpired....

I wouldn't be with him again though.

He is becoming scarier as the days move along...

You aren't but 20 minutes from where I live, I wish I could see you to lend some support, I know this has got to be weird for you. Be strong, and DO NOT be alone with him. Try to avoid seeing him! He is not a guy that has your best interest in mind.

You need a be very careful!

Hugs to you!

maybe we can talk sometime 2sunny...i am feeling awful.

I know honey, I'm sorry you are in this spot.... stay strong. I wish there was a way for you to reach me, I don't think I have PM priveldges yet.... :(

whichwayisup

I think HCG you need to go talk to the Police. You cannot, and I repeat, CANNOT spend another minute alone with this man.

You don't know him the way you thought you did and already so much doubt, mistrust is inside you.

I don't know what happened, only HE knows and honestly I highly doubt he is going to tell you the truth. Your safety and trust is gone with him, forever.

Please go talk to the Police, this is NO joke. They will arrange a full examination as well by a DR.

I'm sorry that you had to go through this.

RecordProducer
So my question is, has anyone else blacked out exclusively on alcohol before?
Absolutely! But never from two drinks. I truly doubt that he would drug you, but if it turns out that you signed anything, remember this night. If I were you, I would write a letter about what happened last night, whether you were drugged or just drunk and send it to myself. Don't open it when you receive it - it proves the date of the letter. In case something happened against your will, this will be a good proof for the court.

Two drinks make me dizzy if I am hungry, about 4-5 drinks can cause a total blackout for me if I am hungry, but I am a drinker with a high mileage. ;)

I wouldn't recommend referring to the police about this, but you can buy the self-tests for drugs and examine yourself. :)

In my entire dating life I've never had a girl come over and pass out at my house. I've had some girls get buzzed and act silly, but a date where one or the other person passes out is not a typical thing. Has this happened to you with other guys?

From what you say, he seems to think it's ok. If you passed out at my house, or were getting sick whenever you came over, I'd be encouraging you to get to a doctor to get checked out. I'd probably be wondering what was going on that the same thing wasn't happening to me. I wouldn't be casual about it. I don't enjoy cleaning up a girl's puke no matter how much I like her.

Go to the police HG ...

Even if they told you there was nothing they can do at this time.. at least you will have talked with qualified people and filed a report.

TheSwordfish

I read a lot about GHB, its a dangerous drug, used by rapists. It leads to someone becoming numb (not able to do anything) because it relaxes musles. I'm afraid that it might be him using the GHB. Problem is, its hard to test if it was (the stuff is invisible).

Did your drinks have a salty taste lately? (that gives GHB away)

On the other hand, without panicking, you might have minor health problems (for example an overactive alcer) wich have the same effect when drinking a lot.

We are ALL SPECULATING! Go see a doctor, and see if it might be something else. After consulting the people in the know, you might even talk about this with your boyfriend (with someone else being there as well, in a public place!).

I understand this is really hard (I havent been there but the experience sounds horrible). We all hope you will get through this. Let us know how things are going.

Now I'm really getting worried, because when you ask if this has happened more than once, what I meant before was that I had gotten SICK a lot lately, but not this whole blacking out thing...

BUT now that I think about it, i would feel very sick to the point I threw up all over his bed the week before and was feeling very dizzy, but as if I couldn't move or do anything. I mean I didn't even offer to help clean, it was like I was out of it and just barely remember getting sick, then I fell "asleep" instantly. I apologized the next day that I got sick and he has been nice about it, like it's no problem...what if I have been blacking out every time I think i am just getting drunk...

It seems like every time I drink at his house, i instantly fall asleep, without even saying good night, then the next day I apologize that I must've had too much to drink. I hope I am all wrong about this and am just drinking too much, but I usually drink much more and get a buzz, nothing crazy like getting all sick after a drink or two.

I just called the National Women's Health Information Center but they're closed, I left a voicemail so they could get back to me with some information. I am reading that the longest a date drug stays in the body is for 72 hours, that the best way to test for it is immediately without having peed...I just have to be careful IF in fact something is up....

• Author
HotCaliGirl

I'm here, no need to worry..thnx though.

I'm just confused, I mean it's hard to imagine someone you love to do anything to harm you, but the more I am thinking about everything you guys are saying, it doesn't add up. Plus RP that is too crazy to even think about if he made me sign anything, he's been very curious about my finances lately.

At the end of the day, he's a real nice guy who I also have to consider, if it was just me getting sick, he was there to clean up after me, like johan says most guys wouldn't put up with that. Also, as I mentioned last week about my hair, he made me dye it jet black yesterday, from light blonde, so that also is weirding me out, I feel like I am a different person. I have a big family wedding to go to this afternoon and am embarassed for people to see me the way I look now. This is unrelated, except that in general I am feeling like cr** this morning.

I don't think I'll go to the police, but I am going to try to find how I can purchase a drug testing kit in case I need it in the future. That's an excellent idea.

• Author
HotCaliGirl

The thing is, I drink at home on nights I don't see him (i'm talking 1-2, sometimes 3 and i can live without it, so i'm not saying I'm an alcoholic..i can go for a longer period without wanting a drink). I never have the reactions I experience as I do at his house.

Also, my drink of choice is straight vodka with ice, so when one of the drinks had a funny taste, it wasn't sweet so maybe the salty? I looked to see if there was a lime or something in it cuz it did taste a little funny, but I thought it was from the salty chinese food maybe and didn't question it.

Anyways, this is weirding me out, I can't imagine he'd do anything like this. I just have to ride it out and look for any strange behavior the next time I'm with him and take into consideration he may have done something.

What is also strange is I have to keep asking him questions - did I wash myself or him, was I sitting or standing in the shower/tub..just stuff i want to know, he has not volunteered any info, acting like nothing big. I finally said where did i throw up, how did it happen, and finally shut up cuz i felt i was asking too many questions. Just frigign strange. Anyways...thnx for all ur feedback.

----------

One last thing I'll add as far as possible side-effects that I am now wondering if it is related to this whole thing is, that when I have been staying over at his place, I get the weirdest dreams, like I'm talking to him about my personal information...the next day I feel like it was only a dream but at the same time I wonder if the conversations took place because they are not strange like dreams usually are, but instead like a question/answer session about me...ok now I think something may be up.

whichwayisup

Please don't be alone with him. Go to your sister's place or something.

My stomach is nascious just reading your posts now. Why the F isn't he answering your questions? If I passed out and my husband cleaned me up, he'd answer everything I would want to know. That I know. And I definately wouldn't be wondering if he took advantage of me either.

I feel sad and scared for you. Stay safe. And please listen to what we're all trying to say. You can't be fully objective here so atleast consider what we're all saying, k.

blind_otter

That's GHB. Tasteless, in alcohol, and it makes whatever alcohol you drink have a much greater effect on you, like 3-4X as strong as it normally would. Has to do with holding up the works in your liver so the alcohol is not metabolized as well.

I used to throw house parties and I banned the drug. I had bouncers who would go around the party and throw out anyone who brought or used G.

I was raped when I was 19 on a date with a guy who was good friends with my best friend. I had 3 coronas, and then I couldn't walk or talk or stand up by myself. I knew this man. We had hung out on other occassions. You just never know about some people. I dated my psycho ex for 11 months. I never thought he would try to kill someone, but he did.

You have too much self-doubt. This is unreal behavior you're having at his place. This type of behavior absolutely doesn't occur unless something completely out of the ordinary is going on. Whether he's drugging you or something else is going on, it's still not healthy. That's enough, isn't it? What of yourself are you willing to sacrifice just to be with him?

Draw a line.

Please don't be alone with him. Go to your sister's place or something.

I feel sad and scared for you. Stay safe. And please listen to what we're all trying to say. You can't be fully objective here so atleast consider what we're all saying, k.

I second this motion:

do not be alone with him

try to be objective

stay safe

If you are desperate to confide in someone - I am wondering if it's possible for me to post my phone # for you. Or we could set a place to meet, I really am nervous for your safety...

• Author
HotCaliGirl

I don't want to worry you or anyone, I am ok, I just wanted to know what was going on. I agree that he should've taken me to the hospital if I was blacked out, or maybe it's a common thing with the in-crowd like BO has experimented with so he knows how to handle a situation like that...I am hoping I was just drinking too much and feel appreciative he took good care of me without complaining about it or making a deal out of it the next day, we'll see...

blind_otter
You have too much self-doubt. This is unreal behavior you're having at his place. This type of behavior absolutely doesn't occur unless something completely out of the ordinary is going on. Whether he's drugging you or something else is going on, it's still not healthy. That's enough, isn't it? What of yourself are you willing to sacrifice just to be with him?

Draw a line.

this bears repeating, I think.

It's weird how you get in an abusive relationship. They don't have to hit you, all they have to do is grind down a woman's spirit. And what follows is confusing to everyone, especially those involved.

It's like a woman who seems strong and competant can be just totally beholden to the abuser? I am like that. Keenly intelligent and abrasive, yet meek and weak as a newborn kitten in a relationship.

I don't want to worry you or anyone, I am ok, I just wanted to know what was going on. I agree that he should've taken me to the hospital if I was blacked out, or maybe it's a common thing with the in-crowd like BO has experimented with so he knows how to handle a situation like that...I am hoping I was just drinking too much and feel appreciative he took good care of me without complaining about it or making a deal out of it the next day, we'll see...

Oh no!

HG-

Are you denying what probably happened now? I do believe he DRUGGED you!

I don't get why you are even still going out with this loser. Is this the same user who asks you to buy him stuff?

I don't mean to be mean but I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't something wrong with YOU! I swear I'm not saying this to be mean but I just for the LIFE of me don't get why you are still seeing him. You don't trust him. You said something about his recent curiosity about your finances?! WTF is THAT all about?!

HUGE red flags here...but I thought that before this latest thing. He's NOT a good guy. He just has you fooled into thinking he is.

You need help, CG. Lean on family a little and friends. Please get away from this wacko. If you don't, then sorry but YOU'RE a wacko too.

Good luck, dear. (And sorry, I was a bit harsh.)

blind_otter

Uh, no.

We never gave drugs to people without telling them first.

Uh, no.

We never gave drugs to people without telling them first.

She's now in total denial. I can't even read her threads anymore. Too scary. CG, GET OUT! We don't want to read about you in the newspapers!!!