Are there teens actually still getting spanked?

samsungxoxo

this is how are world has gone down the tubes, 20 or 30 years ago using a strap on your kids wouldn,t have even thought of it as child abuse, my parents always used a razor strap on me and they were far from child abuse, its called discipline same as what kids need today!

as soon as they took the strap out of schools, I remember saying thats it for the schools and I was right, no discipline at all, just a big disgrace! when I was in school, you wouldn,t dare swear at a teacher or take guns to school, kids are in big need for discipline and I'm all for whipping your kids, its good for them trust me on it! marks and welts on your bum won,t kill you! these days it sounds abusive to your kids but its not! RETARDED GOVERNMENT!

this is how are world has gone down the tubes, 20 or 30 years ago using a strap on your kids wouldn,t have even thought of it as child abuse, my parents always used a razor strap on me and they were far from child abuse, its called discipline same as what kids need today!

as soon as they took the strap out of schools, I remember saying thats it for the schools and I was right, no discipline at all, just a big disgrace! when I was in school, you wouldn,t dare swear at a teacher or take guns to school, kids are in big need for discipline and I'm all for whipping your kids, its good for them trust me on it! marks and welts on your bum won,t kill you! these days it sounds abusive to your kids but its not! quote]

amaysngrace

I have rarely spanked my children. The only time that I've felt it was justifiable was when what they had done was life-threatening (ie: running into a street, touching an electrical outlet or a knife, etc.) Granted, they are not teenagers but I feel that if I have done a good enough job as a parent in teaching right from wrong, then when the teenage years hit they will be prepared. This philosophy in child-rearing was inherited from my dad. He thought it was an uneven playing field when an adult goes against a child and I could not agree more.

We're not talking beatings here.. we're talking spanking.

You are talking about spankings, but I read this whole thread before replying, and I've now read the rest as well...a lot of other people are talking about beatings and whipping and welts and bruises. This is what frightens me about spanking - so many take it into child abuse while thinking there's absolutely nothing at all wrong with it.

I was spanked and sometimes it was okay and sometimes not. I think it's okay to spank if you're not angry. My parents sometimes got that right and sometimes not. I don't plan to spank but I might, if it seems reasonable on some occassion that I can't quite imagine at the moment.

That initial post read like sub dom erotica for a sec, it was wrong. 15 is def too old for spankings. Actually, once I got to be a certain age, the physical punishments I received from my parents stopped being acceptable, in my opinion, because they were always given out of frustration and it encouraged violence in our house and inability to argue. It took me awhile to be able to argue properly as an adult without throwing s*** or wanting to slap someone in the face like was always done in my home when I was a teenager. If you can't get through to a kid through communication by a certain age, spanikings and other physical punishments aren't going to help either, IMO.

You are talking about spankings, but I read this whole thread before replying, and I've now read the rest as well...a lot of other people are talking about beatings and whipping and welts and bruises. This is what frightens me about spanking - so many take it into child abuse while thinking there's absolutely nothing at all wrong with it.

I was talking abnout spankings, because that's how the thread started out.. then one person came in, and started takling about beatings. Spanking is much different than whacking your kid with a razor strap.

My name is Kent, Jr. and I am a black male--16 yr old 5'11, 195 lbs (solid muscle) football running back for my high school. The last time I caught a spanking was in the 6th grade. . . I was 11 yr old. BUT after I LIED about passing my junior year to become a senior next year, that all quickly changed. When I got home, my daddy was waiting for me. Say bruh--all he told me was to go in my room. Man--when he came in there, he told me to take off my shirt and my jeans. All I had on was my boxers.

Say Bruh--He took 3 switches, tied them together, made me get on my knees and tore me out tha frame!!!!!!!!!

SAY, DO ANY OF YALL KNOW WHAT A SWITCH IS AND HOW IT FEEL TO GET WHIPPIED WITH ONE?

Say bruh--Im a cocky big boy and thought I was hard. . . I wanted to thug it out as well. . . And when I saw that he had some switches, I said "yeah to myself just how much damage he thinks he can do with that?" OOOOOOH!!! Dogg--when my pops started cutting me with it, I tried to man-up and remain hard--but dogg, it was stinging, burning and hurting so bad I broke for my room door to try and get out!!! WHAT DID I DO THAT FOR? Bruh--he grabbed me by the wrist and started whipping me much harder and everywhere! When he got done with me, I was covered with welts and a few cuts all over my body and must have cried for nearly an hour afterwards but can say this. . . I used to do a lot of mischievous things and my parents would let me get away with it but they always told me, when it came to my EDUCATION, a no-excuse policy was enforced. So--I tried to push them to that limit just to see what woud happen!!! Say bruh, I got whipped on this past Friday and I am STILL in pain on Monday!!! Dogg--I will NEVER EVER mess up with my education again nor will I ever tell either (for sure dad) of my parents a lie because some teenagers get scared straight. . . I was whipped straight.

So you ask "are there teens actually still getting spanked?" Nah!!! Big Dogg--we are getting "whipped". And after that whipping, I will NEVER do anything to make my pops mad at me, EVER AGAIN!!!!!!

Yo, this is LilD1988 (but my real name is Deonte). I am 17 years old and just graduated from our high school. My home boi is Kent, Jr. U may have read his post already but listen up, I really got a story to tell because Kent, Jr. didn't tell the real deal behind all of this. . .

You see, we from down South and we black bois out here. I know that both of our parents love us but my story is a little different from his. Hear is it.

Yall think Kent, Jr. was big? I am 6'2, 225 solid muscle pounds and played mulitiple positions on our varsity high school football team. So--I aint no joke when it comes handlin my biz and my bois, lil shorties, and everybody else know I handle biz. But, I messed up right before a graduation that almost wuznt. U see, back in April, we were getting ready for finals and I had just went to prom a couple of weeks before. Our rented limo was stopped by the police and they found drugs (marijuana) in our possession. Because I wuz the sport superstar I am, the popo automatically recognized me and told me that they were going to let me go with a warning because they knew my parents and they were going to hold me until my Pop came pick me up. They did that and my Pop didn't do me anything that night. My Doggs and shorties and whoever else is reading this, when the next day came I mowed the lawn and went to take a shower to get ready and go out that evening. Man, when I went to step out the shower, my Pop was standing there with the longest switch I ever seen in my life. All he said was to step out the shower (wet) and go into my room. When I got in there He braced me across my study desk and ate my butt up.

Man, say, u ever been whipped? Well I wasnt whipped, I was WHOOPED! Then I wuz whooped wet. Say, yo, it felt like someone had a sharp razor and was striking me with it across my butt and thighs. Man, I cried so much it was enough for everybody in the world. Say, I know Im a hard dude with more tatoos than my homeboi but when my Pop finally stopped swinging that switch across my naked butt, I had so many welts until blood was drawn. Thank God because he from the ole skool. He wouldnt stop until he see blood or the switch breaks. After that happen, he talk to me and told me how much he love me thats why he done that. He just dont want me to be like my Uncle who is serving 55 years for armed robbery. This happen over a month ago and I am still laying on my stomach because of the intense pain cause by that one long switch! Maybe one day, I will be able to sit down again.

Say, all of us black bois out here, who live in this small town, get the switch. I mean regular, too. The girlz never get the switch but we do. My boi Kent, Jr. just been being good thats why he aint caught one in so long but I caught one around the first of this year. And yes, it wuz with a switch. U see, all of us have manners, we dont disrespect no one and we respond to any older adult with yes sir and no sir. And we understand that well, too. If u came to our lil town, and u wuz a black boi an got caught up in some trouble, u would get the switch, too. Say, its so much switch parents out here til one of my bois wuz in college and when he got back here, he got the switch for sassing his parents.

So, u ask me and my homeboi are there teens actually still getting spanked? Well, I'll clarify what my boi wrote, when we wuz children, we got spanked now that we teenagers, we get whooped (at least I can say about us black bois)!!!

KnowHowLoveFeels

I don't buy the 'article' at all. It is soo fake... like those 'urban legends'. I wouldn't get worked up over it.

Guestjumbojimbo

i was smacked at school on several occasions with either the slipper (had six of the best with this one) or the cane. i never did very much wrong the shools were just very strict. today i feel they should bring but smacking for vandalism, stealing, bullying as kids are getting away with everything. at my schools we used to get big smacks on our bottoms just fo handing in home work late...it was painful but didn't do us any harm.

say bruh--which article are you referring to?

I don't buy the 'article' at all. It is soo fake... like those 'urban legends'. I wouldn't get worked up over it.

KnowHowLoveFeels
say bruh--which article are you referring to?

The 'article' that was quoted on the original post.

jumbojimbo

i was smaked at school with both the slipper (six of the best with this one ) and more painfully the cane.altough schools were far more strict such as getting a big smack bottom just for handing in home work late i feel that spanking at schools should be brought back in for more major crimes such as bullying,stealing and vandalism a it is very painful and probably got out lawed for the fact most of us boys had our bottoms smacked hard for doing very little wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Say man--I feel yall and give you much props for being a man about it and posting your stories. But mine is a little more than yours and I think you need to hear it.

I am now 21 years old and about to graduate from LSU but when I was a sophomore at age 19, I started acting a fool on the campus and man. . . Do I know what a switch whipping is? Ooh Wee!!!

My Pops came to my dorm room, told my partners to excuse themselves brought in the longest switch I had ever seen and made me strip off everything. Man--he whipped me long and hard. I mean I must have cried for a few hours after that whipping. . . But I can say this--I never mesed up on campus or in my classes ever again and now I am graduating with honors.

So--contrary to what others on this post may say, I know what it feels like to get whipped with a long, strong, very green switch. . . It is guranteed to get some act right out of you!!!

Babylonia Beaune

It is true that some older teens are spanked. I know one, a spanked teen, an older one, because I'm her mother's best friend. The mother is extremely old-fashioned. Don't be thinking 1920's. Be thinking 17th Century, and I mean it. She treats her daughter as if she were a French aristocrat. Those children were sent to "colleges" (boarding schools) and thrashed often. She has spanked her for things such as "laziness," "not paying attention," "shoddy schoolwork," as well as the host of other reasons parents usually give. The last spanking was for slamming a door. The main trouble I saw in this "regimen" was the mother was not affectionate and often spanked her out of indignation or anger and did not allowing her to make choices. I have seen several punishments and overheard many others over the years because we are close neighbors. The mother is very religious and is supported in her beliefs by her church members. I can never believe a woman with such an education can be a member of that particular church but so it is. Myself, I do not think it has harmed her daughter in the least--the spankings, I mean. What a successful, popular girl! The lack of affection was something else, however.

are we talking spanking with a hand or a good strapping with a belt or strap? I got strapped and it was the best thing for me, especially before these retarded laws trying to say strappings are child abuse! its child abuse if you don,t strap your kids, look at the youth today and the schools, don,t believe me, just open your eyes and look!

My dad used to hit me on rare occasions until I was a young teen, more so when he was just pissed off or finding a scapegoat. I just remember being a defenceless child and being hit for virtually no reason. Not major hits, just something to hurt my pride. And hurt my pride it did.

The feelings of anger and a revenge plan were building up for a while. Honestly it could have ended with him being seriously injured if I hadn't restrained myself. Around 13, I found a good opportunity to break his nose. It bled a lot and made a good point, but still I have had to threaten him a few times since then when he becomes an ass. As in, "do you have any idea what kind of sh*t I can start right now, so let's just calm down". It hasn't come to fisticuffs but it's easier to threaten him now, given our relative physical strength.

It's sad that humans this intelligent and "evolved" still have to be put in their place with the threat of violence. I'm speaking about defence here, I never violently approach anyone - family, friends, girlfriends, never. I've even been criticized by girls for refusing to get rough during sex.

Obviously I think being hit as a child was unnecessary, didn't help me grow at all. It caused me some minor mental anguish, but really I could have done without it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
samsungxoxo

Yo, this is LilD1988 (but my real name is Deonte). I am 17 years
old
and just graduated from our high school. My home boi is Kent, Jr. U may have read his post already but listen up, I really got a story to tell because Kent, Jr. didn't tell the real deal behind all of this. . .

You see, we from down South and we black bois out here. I know that both of our parents love us but my story is a little different from his. Hear is it.

Yall think Kent, Jr. was big? I am 6'2, 225 solid muscle pounds and played mulitiple positions on our varsity high school football team.
So
--I aint no joke when it comes handlin my biz and my bois, lil shorties, and everybody else know I handle biz. But, I messed up right before a graduation that almost wuznt. U see, back in April, we were getting ready for finals and I had just went to prom a couple of weeks before. Our rented limo was stopped by the police and they found drugs (marijuana) in our possession. Because I wuz the sport superstar I am, the popo automatically recognized me and told me that they were going to let me go with a warning because they knew my parents and they were going to hold me until my Pop came pick me up. They did that and my Pop didn't do me anything that night. My Doggs and shorties and whoever else is reading this, when the next day came I mowed the lawn and went to take a shower to get ready and go out that evening. Man, when I went to step out the shower, my Pop was standing there with the longest switch I ever seen in my life. All he said was to step out the shower (wet) and go into my room. When I got in there He braced me across my study desk and ate my butt up.

Man, say, u ever been whipped? Well I wasnt whipped, I was WHOOPED! Then I wuz whooped wet. Say, yo, it felt like someone had a sharp razor and was striking me with it across my butt and thighs. Man, I cried
so
much it was enough for everybody in the world. Say, I know
Im
a hard dude with more tatoos than my homeboi but when my Pop finally stopped swinging that switch across my naked butt, I had
so
many welts until blood was drawn. Thank God because he from the ole skool. He wouldnt stop until he see blood or the switch breaks. After that happen, he talk to me and told me how much he love me thats why he done that. He just dont want me to be like my Uncle who is serving 55 years for armed robbery. This happen over a month ago and I am still laying on my stomach because of the intense pain cause by that one long switch! Maybe one day, I will be able to sit down again.

Say, all of us black bois out here, who live in this small town, get the switch. I mean regular, too. The girlz never get the switch but we do. My boi Kent, Jr. just been being good thats why he aint caught one in
so
long but I caught one around the first of this year. And yes, it wuz with a switch. U see, all of us have manners, we dont disrespect no one and we respond to any older adult with yes sir and no sir. And we understand that well, too. If u came to our lil town, and u wuz a black boi an got caught up in some trouble, u would get the switch, too. Say, its
so
much switch parents out here til one of my bois wuz in college and when he got back here, he got the switch for sassing his parents.

So
, u ask me and my homeboi are there teens actually still getting spanked? Well, I'll clarify what my boi wrote, when we wuz children, we got spanked now that we teenagers, we get whooped (at least I can say about us black bois)!!!

Thanx for sharing yours story, which scare me the most, what he did was definately abuse. Going on till the point of bleeding, I think I would have fainted by then. Only few occassions I did get a belt was at 6 or 7, don't recall that much, then never again. Later than that was either stern talk or taking privileges away or the "scare talking strategy".

As for stealing and lying, spanking them hard enough won't necessarily cure it. I did get suspended for 5 days in 8th grade for stealing, but it was this guy who kept insisting after I told him it was a lousy idea and that I wouldn't feel good at all. Well ok
so
I went allow with it but felt guilty as heck, esp. when the teacher ask me if I have it and I coudln't answer neither a "yes nor no", I say nothing. Nope, I didn't get spank, to tell ya the truth I don't think it would have helped.

Later on got kinda wild senior year of high school just last year, almost was gonna failed two classes buts till managed to graduate at the top 10% of my class, made it all the way to honors, my real G.P.A was still at 3.1, counting the bonus it was at 4.3. Got into the kleptomanic stage for a while (stealing small stuff out of crazy compulsion) b/c I seriously wanted to graduate finally, I was getting
so
fed up with school hw or assignments, it felt like teaching lil kids.
So
what really stopped me? Just the fact that I could have been arrested after getting caught at the store, I was 18 then
so
I would have gotten in enough trouble and already be having a record for the rest of my life, my parents off course had an embarrassing look in their faces.

Finally, putting all kids on one bag and saying "If you don't spank they're gonna end up with deliquents", it's very inaccurate. There are many factors to child disobedience sometimes it has no answer. One of my psychology teacher in high school and who also worked with patient say she didn't get spanked and made it to honors through school and college.

What about those who have the symptoms of "Conduct Disorder", in adults it's "Antisocial Personality Disorder", which is very serious. Those are the kids that won't listen to anything, no matter if you were to beat them. These people are very clever in faking remorse, emotions. Those kids are tell you "Oh I'
m
sorry, I deserve", yet inside be thinking about their next destructive plot.

Then finally, is how can it be assumed that every child will react the same and show remorse after getting the lick for their action. What may work for some kids may not for others. If I were to be spanked as a teen (still am, 19 here), I would be very resentful about it and hold on to anger as a result, somehow I would feel that I was emotionally stunt in development.

• 2 weeks later...

you should not strap your kids after 13 years old I would say as I see it, I have changed my tune on that because if a kid hasn,t learned by then he or she probably won,t or at least by strapping them but its the best discipline for kids and I will continue on and I don,t care what anyone thinks, its just are stupid government and society that is changing, straps are made for bad bare bums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!