It's that damn head to toe then back up fruckin' scan they do...... :sick:

WTF is the point of that? What they are trying to compare themselves? why bother?

Yeah. Obviously if the girl is getting jealous stares from across the room, she is hotter than the ones doing the staring/comparing. For all you hot girls out there that get this kind of treatment from hateful bitches, I'm here for you!

carmaenforcer

Yeah, my W is that receptionist. Young, pretty, hired on the spot by a middle aged guy after having been walked around the office of nothing but guys and getting the thumbs up.

That's Karma getting me back for all those times I ogled the front desk receptionist at my job.

It's not nice, but lucky for me my W conciders my feeling on how she dresses and acts.

Sometimes.

Citizen Erased
Yeah. Obviously if the girl is getting jealous stares from across the room, she is hotter than the ones doing the staring/comparing. For all you hot girls out there that get this kind of treatment from hateful bitches, I'm here for you!

I have been getting that God damn stare since I was about 15. You see, I matured ALOT earlier then most and I had a nice set of boobs from when I was about 15. Besides from the girls, I am thin so I have been called anorexic, skank, hoe, slut etc etc and I was so shy when I was younger because I was getting it from people 3 or 4 years older then me. It wasnt until I realised they were jealous that I stopped caring. I have mainly male friends, a handful of female (suprisingly we all have nice racks :laugh: ) because I get the LOOK from so many females. It's like yeah 'im hot, you aren't with that look on your face you bitch'. :lmao: :lmao:

I said she dressed skanky. She's not hot. Not even pretty. We have hot people at our office, but they know how to dress for work. Even if she was hot that wouldn't excuse it. Ugly or hot, people shouldn't dress nasty at work. It makes everyone else look bad.

I have been getting that God damn stare since I was about 15. You see, I matured ALOT earlier then most and I had a nice set of boobs from when I was about 15. Besides from the girls, I am thin so I have been called anorexic, skank, hoe, slut etc etc and I was so shy when I was younger because I was getting it from people 3 or 4 years older then me. It wasnt until I realised they were jealous that I stopped caring. I have mainly male friends, a handful of female (suprisingly we all have nice racks :laugh: ) because I get the LOOK from so many females. It's like yeah 'im hot, you aren't with that look on your face you bitch'. :lmao: :lmao:

I'm here for you. You can repay me with a nice bikini pic. :p

When girls get jealous it's so obvious. Whenever I catch one doing the stare/degrading routine, I make it a point to comment how hot the girl is & how I'd get with her. I love how upset & defensive they get. "She's not hot! Her ears are shaped weird!" (actual comment made by one chick)

• 1 month later...
jen_jen_heartbroken

Bad dressing decisions that I've seen in an office include:

a. Not covering up boob-top spillage, tatoos and muffin tops

b. Shirts that don't entirely cover the waist.

c. Letting your thong show

d. Stilletto sandals with straps that tie around the calves

e. Super short skirts worn without pantyhose.

f. Wearing clothes to work that look like something you'd wear to go clubbing in.

g. Men wearing short-sleeved button-up shirts with neckties and no under shirt.

h. Wearing shoes with big chunks of dirt clinging to the heels and scuffs all over.

i. Clothes so wrinkled and covered in pet hair it looks like their hamper doubles as a pet bed.

stillafool

That is very mean to call her a skank and want her to lose her job because of her clothes, conversation, etc. I'm sorry but it sounds like you are jealous of her. She probably has a bubbly personality and that's why she's out front. Also I've been to plenty of professional offices and I could care less how the receptionist dresses if she's nice and makes me feel comfortably while I wait. She's probably a young girl who can only afford one wardrobe. Some people don't have the taste and style as "Jen Jen" did to be able to dress appropriately on a budget. I think it's wrong how we women tear each other down for petty stuff.

Ladywithafan
I said she dressed skanky. She's not hot. Not even pretty. We have hot people at our office, but they know how to dress for work. Even if she was hot that wouldn't excuse it. Ugly or hot, people shouldn't dress nasty at work. It makes everyone else look bad.

...vs. other peoples? I don't know...women are so totally jealous...I got fired over the phone when I was waitressing once & didn't even do anything wrong except one of the bosses wife had a problem...I make better friends with bisexual women....and I'm totally straight...I just don't get the world anymore...men like to see women dressed as hookers and that's just a fact...how many men do you see hitting on the girl in khakis & a polo top????

Oh my god, I don't even know where I'm going with this now...

ronnieromance
My company hired a new receptionist who is such a 'ho-bag. She wears too tight, cheap looking clothes with beat up f-me boots and her boobs look like they are going to pop out of her tank top. She looks and acts cheap. Everyone else wears suits. She doesn't fit in. Things she has talked about include favorite places to go drinking and boyfriends she dumped for shallow reasons. She does not have a professional demeanor, unless that profession is street walking. I can't figure out why management hired her. She is going to scare away clients. And I have already caught her in several lies. What can I do to make her go away.

I'm assuming you're single. It's not your place to dismiss this person. Best thing you can do is worry about yourself. Try to be a better person today than yesterday. You do sound jealous, BTW.I this

GEt us some pics of this alleged skank. I, as a person with a penis, would like to judge for myself. In the mean time, you should logg into webdate and meet some new folks. You see, women have a nasty habit of rolling personality and their attitudes about people into their idea of what good looking is.

-R-

stillafool

As far as her being "not hot", I've noticed a man's idea of what is hot and my idea are totally different. Also one doesn't have to be pretty to be sexy and there are a number of things that can make a person sexy that has nothing to do with their clothes or looks! I don't see how the appearance of one person in an office environment would reflect on everyone else looking bad either.

YellowLioness

If someone works in the "front office" or at a reception outpost, it really does reflect on the business.

I know that you're thinking, "Oh gosh, how mean!" But really, this poster isn't that far off.

In the business world, apperance is everything. First impressions are everything. When I was a receptionist, we had to take an online grammar test, and our office manager had no problem saying, "Honey, that's really not appropriate!" when it came to our clothing choices.

I know this girl is probably young and poor. You know what? I am, too. Just because you are poor doesn't mean you can't look nice and clean. There are clearance racks in New York and Company, or even at the local thrift store, where she could buy cheap business casual clothing.

She is very lucky to have come as far as she has dressing that way. It may suck, but (especially with today's sh*tty job market) it's an employer's market. Why go out of your way to get more strikes against you?

Eh, this is just my opinion, and what I have seen in the reality of the business world.

My company hired a new receptionist who is such a 'ho-bag. She wears too tight, cheap looking clothes with beat up f-me boots and her boobs look like they are going to pop out of her tank top. She looks and acts cheap. Everyone else wears suits. She doesn't fit in. Things she has talked about include favorite places to go drinking and boyfriends she dumped for shallow reasons. She does not have a professional demeanor, unless that profession is street walking. I can't figure out why management hired her. She is going to scare away clients. And I have already caught her in several lies. What can I do to make her go away.

Unless your job is human resources i would advise leaving well enough alone and concentrating on your own job rather that spending time worrying about someone else's. It isn't your place and just because you have a problem being judgemental on this girl doesn't mean you have the right to go out of your way to make her lose her job.

:lol: I think you are doing a great job of making yourself look bad, personally.

live and let live.

We used to have a skanky receptionist. Most of the women in the office HATED her. She WAS kind of a bitch, but other than that she didn't seem evil or anything, just a little slutty. Women freak out about slutty women for some reason. Who cares? Just be sure keep her away from your boyfriend at the company picnic. :cool:

If someone works in the "front office" or at a reception outpost, it really does reflect on the business.

I know that you're thinking, "Oh gosh, how mean!" But really, this poster isn't that far off.

In the business world, apperance is everything. First impressions are everything. When I was a receptionist, we had to take an online grammar test, and our office manager had no problem saying, "Honey, that's really not appropriate!" when it came to our clothing choices.

I know this girl is probably young and poor. You know what? I am, too. Just because you are poor doesn't mean you can't look nice and clean. There are clearance racks in New York and Company, or even at the local thrift store, where she could buy cheap business casual clothing.

She is very lucky to have come as far as she has dressing that way. It may suck, but (especially with today's sh*tty job market) it's an employer's market. Why go out of your way to get more strikes against you?

Eh, this is just my opinion, and what I have seen in the reality of the business world.

Yes, it's entirely possible that this women is dressed inappropriately for her job.

However, the OP didn't come here and ask "what is the best way to let someone know that they might need to adjust their work wardrobe?" or "How should I approach management about an employee dressing inappropriately?"

Given that the OP mentioned having caught this women in several lies it would be perfectly reasonable for us to be fielding a "I've caught this women in several lies, how should I address this to management/her?" question.

However, the OP did none of these things. Instead we got, "This women is a skank, how do make her go away?"

Thus, it's reasonable for us to assume that the OP has other issues with this women then whether or not she's projecting a professional image for the company.

Love Hurts

Management saw an Erin Brockovich enter.

They imagine she will do wonderful things for the comany and score them a cover page on Time magazine.

Ya never know.... this chick could boost the company, save a part of the world and get you a raise.

Never judge a pair of thoose even if they are some what uncovered.

I'm the skanky dressed girl at my workplace. I get an earful from my friends who see how I dress when I go to work and they've given up on telling me to dress more conservative. The girls at the office HATE me to the point where we do not talk. I don't care though. I have been the top producer two years straight. They are jealous as hell. I can get away with anything I want because there is no way the company will ever let me go with my numbers.

I have a closet full of designer office attire I wore the first few months I worked there. It was very uncomfortable and not me. The more to my taste I started to dress, the more productive I became, crossing boundaries I had not done at work before.

I couldn't care less what anyone at the office says as long as I know my job is secure and not affecting anyone else. I have my own office so other's clients would not see me. If on the other hand I was a receptionist who clients were greeted by providing an image of the company, who could easily be replaced for someone else then no way would I dress like that.

It's that damn head to toe then back up fruckin' scan they do...... :sick:

WTF is the point of that? What they are trying to compare themselves? why bother?

(ooopsy I find myself in a crappy mood, fruckin allergies! )

I've often wondered this too. It's happened to me a few times. I always thought it was their way of trying to intimidate me.

If she's dressed really skanky, to the point that it's becoming disruptive, she'll be fired. We had a girl like that at my old company. The guys were constantly drooling over her, but at the same time, they were laughing behind her back. I felt kinda sad for her. But then she'd come to work with no bra and really short skirts. She got a warning, then got fired. C'est la vie.

But I dont think it's YOUR place to get someone else fired. Jobs are so lacking. And everyone needs a job. I think it's wrong to go out of your way to get someone fired. Let management do THEIR job, and you concentrate on yours.