my boyfriend is really hairy

Citizen Erased

I do apologise, I was actually speaking to those in GENERAL who were speaking about this not you in particular.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I guess I was offended that those men who are not hairy (and they are the majority) are not real men. I call it stupid because it is generalisations like that which make people feel like crap. If you found a man who wasnt hairy would you call him less of a man then your current? I dont think so. So, in fact I wasnt calling you stupid, I was saying the generalisation was. Read my post more clearly thanks.

And I wasnt saying you were saying women who do this were unclean, I actually meant those who call women who dont walk around perfectly shaven and waxed dirty (and you cannot deny that people do this because they DO). Again, read posts more closely.

(I am not one of these women, I would feel uncomfortable, but I guess I can just look on the other side of the fence as well.)

Guess this proves if you make generalisations people will take offence. I knew someone would bite.

Just because you shave your legs, armpits, etc., does not mean that he needs to go through the "trouble" of removing his body hair. In our culture, women with body hair is NOT attractive, generally speaking. It's a sort of expected cultural norm to rid of it. However, men with body hair IS accepted.

Yes, and no. Men with body hair is accepted as the norm...that includes men with chest hair, leg hair, underarm hair...pubic hair you name it. Talking strictly cultural norms here...when you encounter a man where you see ZERO skin on his back...and big furry bushes...or tons of hair all over the chest and back longer and thicker than the hair on his head, then no i don't think thats the cultural accepted norm.

If you would like me to cite media...or movies for example...

Austin Powers: the chest hair was put in huge clumps and it wasn't meant to be sexy...it was comical

40 Year Old Virgin: Waxing his hair to become more appealing to women

And if I could stress for a third time, just because men have body hair, and havn't done anything about it yet, does not mean they are attatched to it. It means they don't want to be troubled by doing it...or maybe never even thought about it. So, do it for em? I know lots of hairy guys who have told me that they would love to have a woman in the shower shaving their back hair (yea...that was a wierd night...) :laugh:

If you love him, then you've gotta accept all of him - even his permanent sweater.

VERY VERY VERY TRUE:)

I'd probably offer to wax his back hair, if he wanted it done. Chest hair is sexy, IMO. Back hair is optional. I don't much care for it either, but...

If you love the guy, you won't care. In fact, you will want him to know that you love him the way he is. If you don't love him yet, then it could bug you for a while. Just keep telling yourself that he's sexy.

My last boyfriend was pretty hairy, but he shaved the whole area around Mr. Happy....I liked the contrast! :p

Oh, and I would never tell a new boyfriend to shave because an ex did it...yikes, that's crazy, Art Critic.

Just tell him how sexy you think something is hairless, and see if HE wants to do it. Tell him you'll shave something, too...;)