Inconsiderate..... losing my cool.

• Author
Yep. As long as the impulse comes from you, it's not authentic at all. So there's no way it can be maintained, like if you lose weight to lose weight rather than for some more meaningful reason, like you'll die of a coronary.

That is exactly why I do not nag. I am not put on earth to train or mold him into my desired form. But when I am told YES I WANT TO DO THESE THINGS by him I tend to say I believe you. He is the one that requested the task list and wrote his own task(s) on it as well........ so WTF? Just like him seeking out a shrink.... will not happen unless I do so for him. Arrange it and set it up....... that will not work, it is going against the very reason he should be going. However when he wants or desires something for himself he will deal with every last detail. It is kinda interesting to just sit back and watch this behavior. He is turning into a behavior study subject to me :lmao:

Yep. As long as the impulse comes from you, it's not authentic at all.

And this is the misconception women have that drives men completely UP THE WALL. He's staring at the tube, not sitting pondering about all the things he needs to do. Had you only asked, he would likely have done it right at that moment. His sin is not keeping all your words and requests in his mind all the time and for that you hate him.

Men don't think like that. They think in compartments. When they're at work, they think about work. When they're looking at the tube, that's where their brains are. If they are in 'work around the house mode', then that's what they think about. If you don't believe me, go google what the shrinks have been finding out about how brains in males and females operate.

Women are completely different; they multi-task and, while doing X, can and do think about A through N. Men simply aren't that way.

But sure, rather than ask for what you want, rather than remind him at a time when he could actually do the work, sit and stew about the fact that he's not thinking about it RIGHT THEN and hate him for it.

How's that working for you?

blind_otter

I can see you now with the one eyebrow up a la Mr. Spock with your fingers steepled in front of your face: "Fascinating...."

• Author
I can see you now with the one eyebrow up a la Mr. Spock with your fingers steepled in front of your face: "Fascinating...."

I so am doing that! It is like one of my animal behavior studies. :lmao: :lmao:

I am thinking "what will he do next". Perhaps a way to remove myself from the situation and use logic to deal with this instead of actually being a part of it.

I have to think of a title for my paper on this one.

I will start using a bell and beer to see if I can indeed induce drooling by association.

blind_otter

you could try distributing a food/blow job reward when he completes tasks that you are training him to do.