Abusive mum...do I need to get out?

I am 16. I was molested at 7 and raped repeatedly when I was 14. When all of this came out, my mother told me that I was a lying slut and that she hated me and that I was ruining her life. My whole life she has informed me that I was an 'accident' and that me being born was the worst day of her life. It has never been a secret. But in the past two years, the neglect has reached full scale abuse. She hits and kicks me, tells me to go and kill myself, and that she wishes she had an abortion. I feel as though I can't leave because my brothers need me and my Dad can't leave because he doesn't want to lose my brothers. My Dad needs my support too. I am at breaking point. I cut my wrists and legs and I am finding it harder and harder to bare. Is it better to just leave? Or is there another way to cope?

• 2 weeks later...
whats wrong with me

get help! for yourself go see a counsler (not at school).

I feel as though I can't leave because my brothers need me and my Dad can't leave because he doesn't want to lose my brothers

your dad has a better chance of getting all of you in a divorce because your mom is abusive. You father does not need your support he is an adult...he should be supporting you and your brothers

do you have any friends or reletives you could stay with? is your mom like that to your brothers? Have a talk with your father, if he doesnt agree to leave and take all you with him you've got to get away.

One more suggestion...your mom is nuts and she needs help. you or your dad should call a nut house to come get her. She has to be attempting to hurt herself or you for the nuthouae to come get her. This could solve alot of the problems...

blind_otter

You can talk to your school counselor if you feel more comfortable. But you need to talk to someone who is in a position of authority who can help you adequately. Don't be afraid. You can do this. Your mom needs mental help. The thing is, you have to prepare yourself to be strong -- not to take what she dishes out, but to protect yourself and your siblings. Sometimes you have to stir the pot, which can make things intense and create a huge hassle -- but you have to be stronger than most to deal with this situation, and considering what she's done to you so far, I think that you already ARE stronger than most.