Saw him last night..

BenefitOfTheDoubt
I just don't understand WHY would he say that, this is so confusing.

You're preaching to choir here. The guy I'm waiting to hear from gave me a kiss and a hug and another kiss at the end of our last date, asked to see me again "soon," and asked me to let him know when I got home so he'd know I got there alright. That was five days ago, and I haven't heard from him since. Seems guys just say stuff sometimes. My guess is that some guys think it's easier to say they'll call and then disappear into the night than it is to be honest that they have no intention of calling and have to deal with the fallout. Some guys might have meant all that stuff at the time and then something happens to change it. (This is my working theory for my personal situation.) Who knows.

Whatever it is, it's not right, and it's not something anybody should put up with. (I know some girls who do this stuff to guys, too.) Give him the benefit of the doubt for now. I honestly would not get my hopes up if I were you (it sounds like you've been down this road a couple times already) but see what happens. Try not to think about it -- have a nice evening with your friends and cross whatever bridge you come to when you actually get there.

BenefitOfTheDoubt

Oh, AND!!! Whatever you do, do not try to call, text, or in any other way contact him tonight!!! Drinks are funny things and they sometimes make bad ideas sound like good ones. Take his number our of your phone before you go out if you have to! The ball's in his court at this point!

• Author

Don't know if he's seeing someone else, he said he wasn't but who knows.

I definitely won't be calling him tonight, I'd feel very stupid. And I've made drunken calls before, it's not a nice feeling afterwards, I've learned my lesson lol.

• Author

You were right. I did call him after I've had a few drinks, and he didn't pick up. I just deleted him from my contact list (although I didn't block him) and from my cell phone. I've done all I could. Maybe I shouldn't have sent that email or been that pushy, but what's done is done. I'm very sad, but I hope it goes away. I don't know if I'll block him, maybe if he doesn't talk to me after a week or two, then it'll be obvious that he's not interested in a friendship.