I am shockingly boring now

Otter. Boring. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This is just hilarious to consider for those of us who have had the honor of your psyche and wit on LS.

It's just normal. And to those of us who've always had high drama in our lives normal does feel a bit boring and scare us a little.

I read somewhere that one of the greatest things we can teach our children is how to do boredom. I think that's true. If you can find fascination in the small things of life, I think you're far ahead of the game.

How lovely to lie on your back and look at clouds or swing or eat ice cream and really taste it. This a.m. I watched water drops dissipate from a skillet on the hot stove before putting my eggs in. It was fascinating to watch. Yet how often do we miss such miracles.

Boring? Nah! Otter is just . . . fascinating.

• Author
blind_otter

I am in a mental exhaustion induced funk right now from thinking in circles all day, B. But I love you. :love:

I am in a mental exhaustion induced funk right now from thinking in circles all day, B. But I love you. :love:

I was just thinking of your drinking curtailment and your saying the personality and alcolhol went together or something on that order.....

Let me tell you, your heart is 1`00000X larger than your liver so do us all a favor and take good care of yourself, LS wouldn't be the same without you!

yES, THAT IS A COMPLIMENT...

bob

whichwayisup

You may have to learn what makes you happy all over again. Baby steps... Look for simple and easy B_O. The rest will fall into place as it should.

Keep going to AA meetings as much as you can. Even if you don't feel like going, GO because afterwards you will feel better.

My bestfriend has been sober 14 years now and she STILL goes to meetings. I think she finds it brings her an inner peace, and also a way of giving back too.

I have also say, we're on our worst critics, so lighten up on yourself!! You're a very strong and inspirational person. I admire that about you. Alot.

You may have to learn what makes you happy all over again. Baby steps... Look for simple and easy B_O. The rest will fall into place as it should.

Keep going to AA meetings as much as you can. Even if you don't feel like going, GO because afterwards you will feel better.

My bestfriend has been sober 14 years now and she STILL goes to meetings. I think she finds it brings her an inner peace, and also a way of giving back too.

I have also say, we're on our worst critics, so lighten up on yourself!! You're a very strong and inspirational person. I admire that about you. Alot.

I found it soooooooo true about being a bad critic of yourself, great point! You cannot change yesterday only tomorrow...

bob

• 4 weeks later...

Blind Otter, how long did you drink? You feel blah now because you are so used to being drunk all the time. You need to redefine what "normal" is. I'm struggling with an addiction of my own, and I'm codependant. My father is an alcoholic. People drink for many reasons, it's fun, to escape, whatever the case may be, you get so used to it that you don't know how to live without the drugs and when you do get clean, it feels so alien. You have forgotten who you are, who you used to be and you have to re-establish your way of living. You must create a new life for yourself. Living with New People, Places, and Things. If you used to sit around your buddies house drinking and partying on Saturday Nights, you have to change all that. Get new buddies, find new hang-outs, and find new things to do to occupy your free time. Create new habits that replace the old. I applaud you for going to A.A. It's a very good support group. I'm a member of Al-Anon as well. Don't forget, you cannot do this alone. If you don't have a sponsor, GET ONE! If you have one, talk to them often. They can be a life-line when you need that most. It will get better in time, if you vow to live a new and better life.

I can't believe I missed this thread..

Every time I read one of your threads B_O... All I can say is that I'm in Awe over you.. your my little beacon of light :)

In the meantime, think of this: Switzerland is boring and uneventful, Iraq is exciting and a new thing every day. Where would you prefer to live? :lmao:

That's pretty good Romeo! Great way to put it... (f*** Iraq.)

Otter I must agree with everyone and sing your praises too. Everytime I read a post from you I think you are very intelligent and I enjoy what you write...not to mention your great avatars. :) I'm very proud of you too, we're all here to support you in this. And hey, you're NOT BORING! And we love having you here. :)

ReluctantRomeo
That's pretty good Romeo! Great way to put it... (f*** Iraq.)

• Author
blind_otter

I missed the rest of the replies! Wheee!

Well that was better than smoking a cigarette I must say. :love:

BO,

plus you are going to Europe I mean how exciting is that! a lot of people don't get to travel.

You have such amazing strength to become sober, better yourself as a person face you fears and problems head on all while planning a fab trip to Europe. :D

It will take a little time to adjust and I agree with everyone about the drama. I used to have so much drama all the time a complete train wreck and ll I wanted was a little peace and then I got it and thought damn I am boring.

ReluctantRomeo
how can you be both shocking and boring at the same time?

Shockingly boring? :)

Don't say it couldn't happen - we all know at least *one* person like this... :lmao:

• Author
blind_otter

One of my personalities is shocking. The other is boring. put them together and I will destroy the universe!!!!

One of my personalities is shocking. The other is boring. put them together and I will destroy the universe!!!!

so your on the "univers destroying " kick today . Yeah , I did that one last week.

• Author
blind_otter

I have to do something to pass the time in this office which is cold as hell because one of the women is having hot flashes. I'm back here planning to take over the world. I need a cigarette.

ReluctantRomeo
I'm back here planning to take over the world. I need a cigarette.

Most megalomaniacs would need at least a giant space laser. I'm impressed :p

• Author
blind_otter
Most megalomaniacs would need at least a giant space laser. I'm impressed :p

Lucky I'm the McGuyver of megalomaniacs.

ReluctantRomeo
Lucky I'm the McGuyver of megalomaniacs.

And this is what you call boring? :laugh:

• Author
blind_otter
And this is what you call boring? :laugh:

Maybe I am temporarily depressed because I was fired from the non stop party patrol. :lmao:

Maybe I am temporarily depressed because I was fired from the non stop party patrol. :lmao:

Huh... I totally understand that one there b_o .... It has been since November for me and I still have my "party dreams"... I HATE those, do they ever stop? I want them to stop because impulsively especially in my history, I impulsed, used, then realized what I did. But I'm really cognisent and luckily don't know where to buy it or even where to begin and I don't want to venture into that thinking even, NOT a good thing.

I exercise and take walks to deal with it but LATE at night when you want after waking up, I admit, it is hard sorta.

I never did use and did compusively for quite a while nonestop and this is the first time I've stopped and other than the shockingly boring part, it is the irrational thoughts/dreams which sometimes but thankfully not often occupy my STRONG mind and will. But elimination during the night thinking NOT of using but ironically of the purchase rush knowing I got my nightlong fix--that is nightlong as in from evening to several days later morning when I'm blown out tired. But anyway, November .. mid nov was the last of it.

My doc says this... "it isn't a dream about using, it was about being euphoric from obtaining something and what had I just been elated about getting"... I said well, I finally can afford materialistic things again and that I have a 3 month buffer and I splurged on myself in Sam's club (which as we know is VERY easy to do)... but I actually had a Bob day.. I bought cologne, clothes, some egyptian cotton sheets, and at the Tweeter dealer I got a Mitsubishi High def tv.. which I did want, I needed a tv but wanted this...sorta my reward. However, my doctor cautioned that I shouldn't get "high", "happy" from purchasing. Yep, I used to have this problem during a period of depression.

Anyway, I digressed, my question is how do you deal with irrational impulses and thoughts and especially the vehicle of the aformentioned which is the dreams? How? And no I'm not going to meetings with sponsors etc... I don't need that, I'm not that weak and I'm NOT going to use, I like myself too much, I love being alive, aware...

Thanks for listening...

bob

I don't know, body_odor. Recently I've found your posts/replies more thoughtful and amusing than in the past. Maybe you weren't more fun or interesting before, you just thought you were because you were all hopped up on drugs and what not. :D

whichwayisup
I don't know, body_odor.

Now that is so cute...

B_O there is nothing wrong with you. We all love you the way you are!

Now, you may not be used to 'you' yet, but we are!