@ the end, will you be alone or coupled?

In your vision of your future do you live your final years alone or not?

I've had GF's and enjoyed them. I've also enjoyed being alone.

I'm naturally a loner and think I will enjoy solitude in my final years.

and after divorce following 25 years of marriage I revelled in the peace, quiet, privacy and solitude of living alone and neither having nor pursuing a social life.

After two years it got a bit old and the solitude started feeling a bit like isolation. I asked out a good friend and we've now been married over nine years.

My vision is decidedly to spend the rest of my life with my wife who is still my best friend.

I don't like to think that far ahead in life as it tends to freak me out. I DO see myself with my husband ofcourse, but my fear is something happening to him and we're old...Then I'm alone. Old and alone.

I always had pictured myself coupled but the older I get the more I realize that I don't belong in a relationship. I'm not really capable of being in one, my ex even told me so. :laugh: I'm not really a loner because I need to be around people and I love my friends, I just can't be part of a couple.

Well, I'll get old (already have a good start on that) and one day I may end up alone but with five children, three grandchildren and another on the way (see what i mean about a good start?), I doubt that I'll ever truly be lonely.

Of course, it wouldn't be the same without my wife and I'd never remarry.

This has always been my biggest fear.. Dying Alone..

I would like to think I won't be alone but the older I get the real possiblitiy for that gets closer

Ok, I like that cohousing thing. Sounds cool! Atleast there are places to go so one won't be alone later in life...If I don't end up having kids, cohouse R'US. lmao!

PlantationMan

I'm an expat, so I'm very isolated from 99% of the people around me. But those people are around me. A small group of expat French, and an English couple are my closest friends.

A local woman is my sex partner but not more than a friend.

Most of my helpers live on site. Hard to explain they work for me but also relax around me. Part of each others lives somehow.

It might be more a dream but I think I'll end up with someone special from back home.

• Like 1

I will be alone, except for a dog. I will always have a dog. I think my husband will die years before me. I will not re-marry. I will be one of those old ladies with great stories no one wants to hear. Only my dog at my feet as I pass away. I will be perfectly happy to die. I will see my sister who I miss dearly, and by that time, probably my Tony. I, unlike others look forward to being an old woman looking back on my life.