Are women really attracted to power and money ?

Super89Rex

Image buying shows no imagination.

Exactly!

I also think that guys that have to brag about things usually are overcompensating for other things.

RainyDayWoman

I also think that guys that have to brag about things usually are overcompensating for other things.

like absence of personality...

like absence of personality...

Interesting... I read an article awhile back, 2 years ago... about people who buy labels, hide behind them, and lack personality.

guess I am guilty, because I own Armani suits. I actually like their designs, simple and classic.

RainyDayWoman

guess I am guilty, because I own Armani suits. I actually like their designs, simple and classic.

that doesn't make you guilty. owning them is perfectly okay, and can be impressive.

shaking someone's hand and saying "it's an armani" and winking is another thing entirely.

I just think that when I have on one of my more favored suits, I feel much more comfortable, as a second skin if it fits properly. Of course, I choose not to wear them at all if I don't have to.... bathing suit/sunshine - is just fine too....

I would agree that when I dress up in professional attire I feel * different * than if I have some faded jeans on and T shirt.

I might look in the mirror and saw *Wow, you look fabulous*.

I guess a man in a fancy suit ( my doc used to wear $2,000 suits and he looked very sharp ) feels good and driving an expensive car the person driving the car must feel great too.

But bragging about it to others beforehand is just ( boring ).

It would be a nice surprise to have him open the car door of an expensive car and not have to say " Hey I have a $ 85,000 Viper , Wanna go for a ride ? " beforehand.

Since the Viper is my favorite bad a** car and I would love to own one but for now I just dream...

YAWN

Not another of these threads :rolleyes:

If someone chooses to live in a world created entirely of myth and stereotypes, let him. It's his loss.

I would agree that when I dress up in professional attire I feel * different * than if I have some faded jeans on and T shirt.

I beg to differ. I find faded jeans and T-shirts very sexy on women. :)

That *professional look* is a bit too *rigid* for me. Jeans and T-shirts, OTOH, get ME quite *rigid*. :bunny:

BlahBlahQueen

Here's my opinion, and I know it doesn't count for much since I'm a freak of nature in many ways, but...

"Power" and "money" are huge turnOFFS to me. I naturally (perhaps unfairly judgmentally?) assume that these dudes have a superiority complex and are shallow, workaholic, narcissistic, arrogant, obscenely left-brained, materialistic, unscrupulous, etc... My experience with these types of men have left me with this perception, and I generally refuse to date them. I like a modest man with less worldly inclinations. Now, if you cultivate non-material virtues, there's your saving grace with me.

Switching over to your position, I can tell you that many of the women you will attract in your newfound position will be golddiggers, and we all know what they're good for (NOTHING!)... and they cover up their intentions so well, you'll never see it coming until they've milked you for all you've earned. Sure, you'll get laid by bleach blondes with huge fake boobs, and that will be fun for a while... until you realize you've fallen in love, and the chick is a soulless user. (No offense to surgically-enhanced bleach blondes; there are plenty of nice ones out there... just trying to make a point, gals!)

BlahBlahQueen
But genetic programming means that girls go for confidence and drive, even if it's a penniless artist.

Just like we go for shapely breasts and hips, whether or not they really make a woman better at childbearing.

Somewhat embarrassing for rational creatures to admit. But there's evolutionary biology for you :o

You hit the nail right on the head there, Romeo. And there should be nothing embarassing about biology. It is, after all, the whole reason we are here.

BlahBlahQueen
oh yeah RIDDLER....this applies to younger people. but as people get older money and resouces become much more important. would not you agree??

Oh, please dear lord, let me never become that way when I hit my 30's... I think my view on this is perfectly pure and should stay that way forever... but then again, most people view the aging process as bestowing wisdom, while I see it as damning you with corruption and conformity to the consumerist norm due to long-term overexposure to the status quo.... If only I could keep my purity as I gain wisdom, I would die a fulfilled being... pray for me, guys!

• Like 1
BlahBlahQueen
yes, they are called LESBIANS

Screw you, dude! I love men, I'm fairly attractive, intelligent and interesting, and read my above post!