Talk me out of this (even I'm not always strong)

How does one go about finding a FWB?

Well, if that's you in your avi, you can give me a call. ;)

oops...did I say that out loud??:eek::o

• Author
CG-

No need to hide - you are just an easy target to tease (yep, especially when the horns are up)! Sorry - don't mean to send you over the edge...

Don't contact her CG! You seemed to be on the right track before.

Keep yourself occupied! Call those other gals you had going and get something lined up for tonight and/or tomorrow. If not, go to a movie alone to get your mind off life and occupied with a new concept... etc....

No need to send her any note, she knows you are grateful for a kind gesture.

You need to distract yourself asap!

Actually I have narrowed it down to two that I am very interested in. I get to meet one of them on Sunday, the one that's on the top of the list.

The second one, meh, we'll see. She has a lot of great qualities but when I talk to her I don't get the same fuzzy feeling the first one gives.

I'm not contacting her to try and rekindle our relationship. It's just to leave a small crack in the door without saying "Yes, I'll settle for being your friend."

Because I won't.

I remember this one guy who agonized all about his ex last year. Or the year before. I don't remember exactly. What was his screenname. COC. ConfusedinOC.

Anyways. I don't understand why you are even considering this. It's been too long since the initial email, anyways. Obviously you got it, and have been pondering over what to do. If I was her and you responded now I would definately think something was up.

Ultimatley it's not about whether or not you leave the door open. Shut the damn door. It's getting drafty up in your heart. You'll catch cold.

See, I'm great at giving advice, but when my heart is involved, I can not take my own....

Ditto.

In fact, ditto on pretty much everything you've said in this thread.

And I personally don't see anything wrong with sending the note about the mail. I mean, if she asked you a direct question, it might even be kind of rude to not answer.

Ditto.

In fact, ditto on pretty much everything you've said in this thread.

And I personally don't see anything wrong with sending the note about the mail. I mean, if she asked you a direct question, it might even be kind of rude to not answer.

It's already been rude. It's been like a month since she sent it ferchrissake. If he was trying not to be rude, it would be too late by now. IMO.

• Author
Well, if that's you in your avi, you can give me a call. ;)

oops...did I say that out loud??:eek::o

That's me :)

Like I said, it's been a month (well 34 days to be exact) since she wrote this email and just the other day I got a piece of junk mail.

That has been kind of a long wait to answer her question. Otter has a point that it'd seem like you'd been waiting around to answer it (cause you kinda have). If you're sure it's junk mail that arrived for her, toss it. If it could be something else, you could say something like: Hi, hope all is well. I got some mail for you the other day. Do you want me to forward it to you? Take care.

No no no no no no no no Sunday????

You need your distraction now.

Go play pool with your buddies, or take in a sporting event, anything.

If she wanted the door cracked, she would allow you to understand that.

My ex husband would love for me to open the door a bit, but that will not make life any different in the long run, so I don't let it be a consideration.

Go distract yourself! Go swimming or skinny dipping or SOMETHING.

Sorry - couldn't help it..... dang :laugh:

• Author
That has been kind of a long wait to answer her question. Otter has a point that it'd seem like you'd been waiting around to answer it (cause you kinda have). If you're sure it's junk mail that arrived for her, toss it. If it could be something else, you could say something like: Hi, hope all is well. I got some mail for you the other day. Do you want me to forward it to you? Take care.

So don't reply to her initial message, send a new one with that statement?

*hides from cal gal*

haha. :p

That's me :)

Well, hello there. ;)

You're very cute. And a pretty good guy from what I've seen. If she ends up writing you off then it's her loss.

• Author
No no no no no no no no Sunday????

You need your distraction now.

Go play pool with your buddies, or take in a sporting event, anything.

If she wanted the door cracked, she would allow you to understand that.

My ex husband would love for me to open the door a bit, but that will not make life any different in the long run, so I don't let it be a consideration.

Go distract yourself! Go swimming or skinny dipping or SOMETHING.

Sorry - couldn't help it..... dang :laugh:

I'm leaving for Vegas tonight. I'll be back Sunday morning. No partying, I'm hanging out with friends and doing some riding. I have to wait until Sunday.

I could go skinny dipping, but it's no fun unless I'm being watched by 3-4 hot babes :) haha. j/k

So don't reply to her initial message, send a new one with that statement?

I think that'd be better than answering a month old question. She was still the one that initiated contact, and there was no strong reason to respond then even if you weren't doing NC since there was no mail.

Only do it if you're ready to start contacting her though. The fact that you came here questioning it could be a sign that you're on the road but not quite there yet. If you've got any ulterior motives or hopes other than to get her her mail, then don't do it yet. Only you can know for sure if you're ready though.

Can you say for sure that you're not searching for reasons to contact her?

• Author
Can you say for sure that you're not searching for reasons to contact her?

I can say that I don't have any expectations. That my concern is that if I never reply to any of her messages that if her heart does change one day that she will not initiate contact based on what she told me about her ex's.

The reason for contact is to tell her about the mail, let her know that it's ok to email, just don't expect me to get back to you right away and in a way, she'll see that I've changed.

Do I expect a reply? No. I'm thinking long term, not today, tomorrow or next week. I'm still healing. I am fine without her in my life. Yes, there are many days that I miss her I freely admit that. But no begging, pleading or otherwise trying to get back with her in two months says a lot to me about how I've grown.

The support here is great. I love all you guys for being there for me and keeping me rational.

I think I will drop her an email around 3pm today (before I head out to Vegas) saying exactly what you mentioned earlier. Nothing more, nothing less.

Speaking of ignoring...

I'm becoming a little perturbed and horny by that thread

titled "Sex tonight anyone?"

It's making me crazy!!!!!!

Make it go away!!!

Please don't take offense CG, as you know how blunt I can be:

I do believe you are playing a game -with yourself at the moment-

and with her if you contact her.

If she wants to reach you - whether it's now or later- she will!

IMHO sorry to say so .... = (

CG-

PM crazy grl!!!! she's in the area, and maybe not as "aggressive" as I am.... it's worth a shot! :laugh:

She wants you!!!! :laugh:

Did anyone notice that all our initials are CG? that's weird!

• Author

I need more than distracting. I need about a full day of rolling in the hay. Haha. That rhymed.

I think I will drop her an email around 3pm today (before I head out to Vegas) saying exactly what you mentioned earlier. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hope it works out for you. Remember stay strong and no expectations. And if she does answer, don't reply right away. Stay cool and take some time to think about your response.

Once you send it, go have fun in Vegas and put her out of your mind. Hope you have a good time!

you don't need to tell me, I resorted to talking dirty to Tudor late yesterday.

worked for me! :laugh: Not the same as the real thing though.

glad you could laugh at something today!!!!

Keep your chin up, oh and a few other things... he he

• Author

She replied back within 5 minutes.

"nope, not if it's junk--- thanks though."