Cleavage at Work - Proper or Improper?

The age of the person is irrelevant, it's just not appropriate looking at work.

I'll admit it, chest hair tufting out of an overly opened shirt is gross. Especially if he's wearing a gold chain. :sick:

that's how the owner & his son dress at my office. :sick:

This was my driver's ed teacher in high school I will never forget -- he had a gold chain that -- er-- rested on the thick tuft of hair growing from the front of his body. So the chain never actually touched skin as far as I could see.

That would seriously have given me the shivers. Ugh.

well its seriously bad taste...unless your occupation is in the bar or something....i tend to find under-dressed ladies a little inappropriate - i on theother hand sticked to long sleeves and long skirts n i buttoned it all up.:D

• 2 weeks later...
I would like your opinion please. Do you think cleavage at work is appropriate? I work at a large educational institution where all of our students are 18-30. I find it inappropriate, offensive, and improper. For a bar, fine, for a date, fine, I just don't think it's proper for the workplace. I was wondering if others feel this way or if I am really behind the times. The person I am referring to is 50+, wrinkled, saggy, and it looks unsightly because I think she also goes braless. Please let me know what you think...especially the guys...is this attractive to you? Thanks.

As a man, I don't view female coworkers who dress inappropriately with the same level of acknowledgement as I do with those who dress appropriately and yet attractively in a conservative feminine way. When I see excessive cleavage or excessively tight clothes, it doesn't say "here is Sheila, a competent engineer with a technical opinion that is valued." it says "here is the next woman I can potentially sleep with". As a manager, i am keen on equal treatment of the sexes. I make notes about inappropriate dress on the part of my male employees and it affects their performance appriasals as well. Work is about making the company money. If it is the type of company where more sales would be generated by a woman who shows a little skin, then fine. An engineering firm is not that type of company however. If you want to be respected as an equal and not viewed as an easy piece of ass, don't dress and behave inapprpriately.

My opinion: an attractive girl at work who showed off some cleavage would just blow my day. I freakin horny. I can't afford to get that charged up. So I have more practical objections to women showing skin at work.

If I weren't feeling this way, then I'd say that yeah, women sacrifice respect if they don't dress conservatively at the office. But that's just one of many ways people can sacrifice respect. I'm not sure it's worse than some of other things I deal with from day to day.

I love seeing clevage at work (or anywhere).

Often she does her job very well, as do most of her male co workers.

But there is always a man or two who over react and ruin it.

I try and keep the cleavage under control. But when your boobs sit up high it can be hard. But then, I didn't pay $5,000 to keep them hiden. :love: