Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I’ve been feeling really emotionally drained from work, but it’s not the job itself but the circumstances around it. I’m a substitute teacher. I like being a teacher, like the kids, and love it when I get an opportunity to work in the library. However, it’s the lack of routine, no clearly defined role, and  no sense of community is really getting to me. By no sense of community I feel like I don’t really belong anywhere, like I’m an orphan being bounced around from home to home. I don’t think my feelings are strong enough to make me want to quite my job because a) I have literally no idea what I would do otherwise b) again, I don’t dislike what I’m doing and c) an opportunity at a long term sub job will solve pretty much all of these problems. So anyways, any advice on helping my emotional health? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...