Jump to content

How can I (an 18-year-old guy) tell if I’ve fallen out of love with my girlfriend (19) or if it’s just depression?


Recommended Posts

Posted

We’ve been dating online for over a year. Things started off great, but over time, I began sinking into depression and started feeling emotionally detached.

There was a period when the depression lifted for a few weeks. During that time, I felt genuinely happy; I wanted to be close to her and was deeply in love with her. But after those few weeks, the depression returned, bringing emotional emptiness along with it.

Now I’m confused and don’t understand what I really feel for her. Rationally, I know we’re a good match and there are plenty of reasons why I should love her, but on an emotional level, I feel almost nothing right now.

How can I distinguish between actually losing romantic feelings and the emotional detachment caused by depression?

It’s also probably worth mentioning that this is my first relationship.

Posted

have you actually met in person in real life?

  • Author
Posted
1 minute ago, flitzanu said:

have you actually met in person in real life?

nah

Posted
1 hour ago, someonegood said:

nah

Please understand this is not a real relationship. 

It's someone you are friends with online, but you two are not dating. It's normal for this to get tiresome because there's none of the real-life togetherness a couple needs to build and nurute a connection. 

It's time to call this off. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...