Jump to content
While the thread author can add an update and reopen discussion, this thread was last posted in over a month ago. Want to continue the conversation? Feel free to start a new thread instead!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I posted here 19 years ago when I went through a devastating breakup. I was certain I'd never get over my ex, or ever find love again. I tried to date a couple of times between 2007 and 2024, but I just wasn't ready; I couldn't stop comparing everybody to him. (I know; it was bad.)

Today I got a message from someone from back then asking if I was still around. I'd honestly forgotten about this account, but I decided to check in with an update. Long story short, I fell in love again in early 2024, with someone who's so, so much better. I'd made peace with the idea of being single forever, but as it turns out, my current guy and I are getting ready to move in together, and we can't imagine breaking up with each other. We're both really, genuinely happy.

I know now that the relationship that ended in 2007 should have ended. That guy married another old-time fiddle player a few years back (that was the reason he gave for breaking up with me; he's an old-time musician and I'm not), and I'm with someone with whom I have way more in common. I wouldn't trade my current guy for the world. If fiddle-player guy came back, I wouldn't be interested. I thought I'd never heal from that relationship, but I did.

So if you're here because you're going through a breakup, and it feels like you'll never heal...you will. Hopefully it won't take you as long as it did me, but however long it takes, there is an end to the suffering. I promise.

Edited by sedgwick
  • Like 4
×
×
  • Create New...