Jump to content

Haven't heard from him today since second date last night/Sunday .. now Monday evening


While the thread author can add an update and reopen discussion, this thread was last posted in over a month ago. Want to continue the conversation? Feel free to start a new thread instead!

Recommended Posts

Anonymous
Posted

Hi hi, 

I started talking to this guy (in his 40s) I first connected with on a dating app a couple of months ago but given our busy schedules, we finally met this weekend (sort of spontaneously). We had a good time on the first date (drinks over 2 hours) and he asked me out for a second date the next day which was yesterday. We had dinner, walked around, and mostly talked etc - a total of 6 hours - got home around 11pm.

Anyway, he wasn't that much of a texter even before but I told him on the first date that I noticed that his texts are kind of brief/dry and so I could tell that following that, (yesterday, which was also the day of the second date), he was texting more throughout the day etc. 

Now, he works a very busy. competitive job and he told me from the first date that guys typically don't text like girls and that he usually isnt much of a texter. 

Anyway, I get that today is Monday so Im sure he had a busy day.

Last night, when I got home, I said thanks for a good time etc, good night and he said the same back. 

Today, I havent heard anything from him - should I be worried? 

For some background, he is divorced as of 3 years ago and has had very limited dating experience so far. 

Anonymous
Posted

Original poster here: to add to this: He and I have tentatively made plans for a third date at some point middle of this week, (not sure exact day yet), toward the end of the second date 

Posted

if you want to have a conversation with someone in text, you need to ask questions or say things that are asking for a bigger response.

"how was your day?"

"what did you have for breakfast?"

not just "thanks, goodnight" - what conversation is he supposed to make with that?

Posted

He already told you that he isn't much of a texter.  So I'm not sure what you are expecting from him in terms of texting.  Since you have a third date scheduled, the texting in between that really doesn't matter.  See how that third date goes.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

You sound like you want to text him every day and the fact that you are already panicking is a flag. He's told you he's not a big texter. If I were you I'd strongly recommend you EASE UP SEVERELY on the texts.... don't even send the "thanks for the date" text as soon as you get home because you know why? You can thank him in person for the date when you say goodbye!   Any future thanks texts are just a follow-up to try to continue and force the conversation.    Guys are not texters and if you keep texting him you'll come off as clingy and desperate and he'll eventually run for the hills.

  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...