WINNING WAYS....in management & motivation

DrBruceSpruce

DrBruceSpruce

Somewhere between theory Y and theory X lies the truth! So says the master. And the truth is out there. Meanwhile, the master has buggered off and left me here in the hot seat without a f**cking manual. Hence the question : what are the winning ways to manage our staff , to ensure we extract the maximum possible economic gain, and keep productivity on track. And what are the best way to motivate our staff, to keep them keen as mustard, eager to please, and a pleasure to work with

As a sharing exercise I would like to communicate:

MISTAKES I HAVE MADE

* Publicly disagreeing with staff. Sometimes even though my heart is true and i want them to sucseed i can see the fault in the suggestion too

THINGS I HAVE DONE THAT WORKED WELL

* Public appreciation of staff's good ideas. If they have a good idea, or suggest something, amplify it to the boss whenever possible. A memo is ideal, or an e-mail, something in black & white. The staff will be very pleased at the appreciation, and the boss will be able to congratulate them

NUMBER OF STAFF

Directly managed about 15, all in U.S

So? Who else has ballsed it up (like me) and who else has found tried-and-true techniques?

YOU WRITE: "Hence the question : what are the winning ways to manage our staff , to ensure we extract the maximum possible economic gain, and keep productivity on track. And what are the best way to motivate our staff, to keep them keen as mustard, eager to please, and a pleasure to work with"

If you're wanting to limit your search for answers to the Internet, use excellent search engines to find websites, forums, newsgroups, etc. that deal with management styles and successful strategies.

If you want to look outside the Internet, attend management workshops, read some of the hundreds of excellent books on the subject published each month, subscibe to the better management newsletters, and use your own gut feelings.

See you at the top!!!