Almost relapsed after 4 months :(

sanne

having any contact is lose/lose.

she doesnt call you on christmas. youre hurt. you think shes cold, shes forgotten about you. she never loved you, you meant nothing to her. shes not even thinking about you. how could she not call? shes all i think about. didnt she value us?

or...

she calls you on christmas. your heart races as you pick up the phone. you have a simple conversation. she calls to wish you a merry christmas. you read into EVERYTHING. why is she really calling? she must be unhappy without me. her new guy isnt working out. this means shes thinking about me! her voice..oh god i missed her voice.....why did she have to call? i cant get her off my mind. ive been doing ok, but now her voice is fresh in my head. its just a merry christmas. nothing more.

either way youre screwed.

my ex called a day before x-mas and it completely threw me off kilter. i was hoping she would call, but i only wanted to hear one thing. shes with someone else..so of course i didnt hear that one thing. we had a simple conversation where i read into everything. i went into a tailspin wondering and thinking and wishing i didnt hear her voice. she IMed me a week later on my birthday telling me she was thinking about me. and that she would like to call later. that message killed me and when she called i didnt answer. she didnt leave a message and i havent heard from her since. its been 7 months and im still not over her. we were togetehr for 5.5 years.

hearing from them isnt what its cracked up to be. even after 7 months i still love her and dont care about anyone as much as her. she has a whole new life which i dont want to hear about...but want to be in. its a lose/lose situation.

You have basically summed up my ex-relationship. It's funny how we all share similar links in our lives.

• Author

in all likelihood I'm going to end up dropping this class anyways, so it's a moot point. plus if she does start saying things like that then I'm just gonna sit elsewhere and ignore her.

Yeah, I broke NC last nite around midnight....called my ex after a few glasses of wine....she actually took my call....I could tell she had a few too.

Nice chat, she said I can come up this week and....this is the weird part....pick up SOME of my things that I still have at the house.....well, why not ALL of them?? Hmmmm.....

We talked about my kids (my youngest turned 4 on Saturday - she was always very fond of him), a few other little things, shared a couple of laughs (just like we always did)....then she got quiet....I think she may have started to cry....and abruptly ended the call....I called back but she didn't pick up.

But I didn't feel that it set me back very much...I know she is with someone else right now, but it is largely a relationship of convenience....could it be that she's keeping me as the "spare?"

Anyone?

Brittanyjean06

I know nc helps, but i dont get people who have only been broken up for like 5 months- get say their healed???.... or have i been mistakeN?

We broke up in Sept last year....I'm def not over her... Compared to a month after the breakup however, when I was a wreck, I feel I am much better than i was. Still miss her tho! But thats to be expected.

Brittanyjean06

yeah thats only a cuple of months- those months i think are the stages of shock- healing takes a long time

• Author

well had class today, and she came and sat next to me. i must say she looks a lot different now, curlier hair and she's lost a lot of weight. apparently she says she doesn't know why she is losing weight (she's a size 0 now), but I have the feeling something is seriously wrong that hse just isn't telling me. i didn't press on it though because it didn't feel right to ask.

to be honest, the whole encounter was a little ackward. i dunno maybe it was like we were both trying to act like we didn't care too much to see each other, or maybe she just wasn't that excited. i don't really know to be honest. after class we had a very abrupt and ackward goodbye and I was on my way. while i guess it was good talking to her and seeing her, I know that having continual contact is not going to be a good thing. i need to find a way to pull myself out of this gracefully, Id like to drop the class but it is extremely easy and I need the credits. maybe i'll just stop going entirely, yea that's what i'll do :).